The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member able to access the Administration Panel?

4 posters

Go down

Member able to access the Administration Panel? Empty Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Post by Koopa777 Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 pm

One of the members of the forum I am a part of has access to the Administration panel without being Admin. What's worse is he can MAKE himself Admin when i take it away from him! Is there a setting I am missing and what can be done about this?

Last edited by Koopa777 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Koopa777

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Member able to access the Administration Panel? Empty Re: Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Post by MrMario Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Member able to access the Administration Panel? SignredHi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem

EDIT

There is no possible way a user can get admin rights without being in the admin group. Are you sure that he can? I know that Forumotion has an account that is able to login to any forums without being in the admin group. This is only when techs are looking for bugs/problems with the forums. You should not worry about this if its Forumotion.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Member able to access the Administration Panel? Empty Re: Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Post by pbolle Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Having the same problem..
pbolle

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:25 pm

There is no possible way a user can get admin rights without being in the admin group. Are you sure that he can? I know that Forumotion has an account that is able to login to any forums without being in the admin group. This is only when techs are looking for bugs/problems with the forums. You should not worry about this if its Forumotion.

This is what I posted above in my last post.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Koopa777 Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah. He has been removed from admin rights and has been DELETED, but upon creating a new account can access the admin panel and become admin without even being a member of the group.
Koopa777

Back to top Go down

Post by pbolle Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 pm

I have also checked my users rights and permissions and he has all the permissions of normal members.
pbolle

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Could be that there is a hole somewhere that gives this user access. I will forward to this to someone that can pass this information to the techs at Forumotion. If its possible please provide me a link to the forum and the account name that this user had.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Koopa777 Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:42 pm

http://bad-rumour.darkbb.com/forum.htm

User name: bloodstruckdrum
Koopa777

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 am

Your administrator "Scapolly" and that guy have the same IP.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by pbolle Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm

yeah, im from the same forum, im the "creator" of the forum..

seriously?
that is crazy..
one lives in california, the other in conneticut..
i've heard them both over ps3..
on different accounts..
this is confusing..
pbolle

Back to top Go down