The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tables help in the character sheets

Go down

Tables help in the character sheets Empty Tables help in the character sheets

Post by Guest Wed 6 Aug - 2:37

Ok so I am creating a table in there and it says:

To remove an option, to leave the empty field text and click on Ajouter/Supprimer the line. To modify an option, to replace the field text and click on Add/Remove the line. 512 options maximum!

Does that mean I can only have 512 total lines in the table? What does it mean 512 options?

Also I want to edit the RPG sheet template and center the table. Any one help me with that. I want to get rid of the RPG avatar in order to do this.

Back to top Go down

Tables help in the character sheets Empty Re: Tables help in the character sheets

Post by Saurus Wed 6 Aug - 4:57

Re the first - it would appear so, but I have no idea what that "Ajouter/Supprimer " is all about.

Without seeing the code for the template that's kind of difficult. Normally you would center using a div element. Then again, in proper CSS you don't use tables anymore:) Can you post it or send it to me?
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tables help in the character sheets Empty Re: Tables help in the character sheets

Post by Guest Wed 6 Aug - 5:15

Well it appears you can only have 512 "squares" in one part I had 73 down and seven accross. That equals 511.

What I am doing folks is making the collection tracker that I have been waiting for the tech to make but just today found out I can do this.

I have the tables all centered in the edit part so when someone clicks on thier tracker the table is nice and centers

What I can't get centered is when you click on onther members profile and view thiers.

here is a screenshot of it not being centered in another members profile:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/11/08/00/26/hw110.jpg

see the space on the left I want to get rid of that. here is the code to modify the profile body:

Code:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" align="center">
<tr>
<td><span class="nav"><a class="nav" href="{U_INDEX}">{L_INDEX}</a></span></td>
</tr>
</table>

<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" align="center">
<tr>
   <th class="thHead" colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap" height="25">{L_VIEWING_PROFILE}</th>
</tr>
<tr>
   <td class="catLeft" align="center" width="40%" height="28"><b><span class="gen">{L_USER_PRESENCE}</span></b></td>
   <td class="catRight" width="60%" align="center"><b><span class="gen">{L_ABOUT_USER}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
   <td class="row1" align="center" valign="top" height="120">
      <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3">
         <tr>
            <td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_AVATAR_IMG}</span></td>
            <td width="100%"><b><span class="gen">{AVATAR_IMG}</span></b></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
            <td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_RANK}:</span></td>
            <td width="100%"><b><span class="gen">{POSTER_RANK}</span></b></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
            <td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_STATUT}:</span></td>
            <td width="100%"><b><span class="gen">{USER_ONLINE}</span></b></td>
         </tr>
         <!-- BEGIN switch_allow_friendsfoes -->
         <tr>
            <td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gen">{L_FRIENDS_AND_FOES}:</span></td>
            <td width="100%"><strong><span class="gen">{FRIENDSFOES}</strong></b></td>
         </tr>
         <!-- END switch_allow_friendsfoes -->
         <!-- BEGIN switch_auth_user -->
         <tr>
            <td valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><br /><span class="gen">{L_ADMINISTRATE_USER}:</span></td>
            <td width="100%"><br /><strong><span class="gen">{ADMINISTRATE_USER}{BAN_USER}</span></strong></td>
         </tr>
         <!-- END switch_auth_user -->
      </table>
   </td>
   <td class="row1" rowspan="3" valign="top">
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_JOINED}: </span></td>
      <td width="100%"><b><span class="gen">{JOINED}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_LAST_VISITED}: </span></td>
      <td><b><span class="gen">{LAST_VISIT_TIME}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_TOTAL_POSTS}: </span></td>
      <td valign="top"><b><span class="gen">{POSTS}</span></b><br>
      <span class="genmed">[{POST_PERCENT_STATS} / {POST_DAY_STATS}]</span> <br>
      <span class="genmed"><a class="genmed" href="{U_SEARCH_USER}">{L_SEARCH_USER_POSTS} :</a><br>
         - <a class="genmed" href="{U_SEARCH_USER}">{L_TOPICS}</a><br>
         - <a class="genmed" href="{U_SEARCH_USER}&show_results=posts">{L_POSTS}</a></span></td>
   </tr>
<!-- BEGIN switch_dhow_mp -->
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_PRIVATE_MSG}: </span></td>
      <td><b><span class="gen">{PRIVATE_MSG}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
<!-- END switch_dhow_mp -->
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_LOCATION}: </span></td>
      <td><b><span class="gen">{LOCATION}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_WEBSITE}: </span></td>
      <td><span class="gen"><b>{WWW}</b></span></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_OCCUPATION}: </span></td>
      <td><b><span class="gen">{OCCUPATION}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_INTERESTS}: </span></td>
      <td><b><span class="gen">{INTERESTS}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_GENDER}: </span></td>
      <td> <b><span class="gen">{GENDER}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
       <td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_BIRTHDAY}: </span></td>
       <td><b><span class="gen">{BIRTHDAY} {ZODIAC_IMG}{CHINESE_IMG}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
<!-- BEGIN switch_profile_fields -->
      <tr>
         <td colspan="2" class="catLeft" align="center"><b><span class="gen">
            <form action="profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u={USER_ID}" method="post">
               <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="{USER_ID}" />
               {L_PROFILE_FIELDS}</span></b>
         </td>
      </tr>
      <!-- BEGIN field -->
      <tr>
         <td class="gensmall row1" align="right"><span>{switch_profile_fields.field.NAME}:</span></td>
         <td class="gensmall row2" valign="middle"><span>{switch_profile_fields.field.OBJECT}</span><br /></td>
      </tr>
      <!-- END field -->
      <!-- BEGIN show_submit -->
      <tr>
         <td class="gensmall row1" align="right"></td>
         <td class="gensmall row2" valign="middle"><input type="submit" value="{L_MODIFY}" name="modify_profilefields" class="liteoption"/><br /></td>
      </tr>
      <!-- END show_submit -->
      </form>
<!-- END switch_profile_fields -->
   </table>
   </td>
</tr>
<tr>
   <td class="catLeft" align="center" height="28"><b><span class="gen">{L_CONTACT} {USERNAME}</span></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
   <td class="row1" valign="top" height="{S_CONTACT_HEIGHT}">
   {L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}
   {EMAIL_IMG}
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_PM}:</span></td>
      <td class="row1" valign="middle"><b><span class="gen">{PM_IMG}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   {L_MESSENGER}
   {MSN}
   {L_YAHOO}
   {YIM_IMG}
   {L_AIM}
   {AIM_IMG}
   {L_ICQ_NUMBER}

<td class="row1">
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
<!--
if ( navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('mozilla') != -1 && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('5.') == -1 && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('6.') == -1 ) {
   document.write(' {ICQ_IMG}');
} else {
   document.write('<table cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;><tr><td nowrap=&quot;nowrap&quot;><div style=&quot;position:relative;height:18px&quot;><div style=&quot;position:absolute&quot;>{ICQ_IMG}</div><div style=&quot;position:absolute;left:3px;top:-1px&quot;>{ICQ_STATUS_IMG}</div></div></td></tr></table>');
}
//-->
</script>
<noscript>
{ICQ_IMG}
</noscript>
   {L_SKYPE}
   {SKYPE_IMG}
      </td>
   </tr>

<!-- BEGIN switch_admin_user_comment_active -->
   <tr>
      <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap" width="10%">
         <span class="gen">{L_COMMENTS} :</span><br><span class="gensmall">{L_MODS_AND_ADMINS}</span>
      </td>
      <td class="row1" valign="middle" width="90%">
         <table align="center">
            <tr>
               <td>
               <form action="{S_PROFILE_ACTION}" method="post" name="user_comment">
                  <input type="hidden" value="update_admin_user_comment" name="mode" />
                  <input type="hidden" value="{USER_ID}" name="userid" />
                  <textarea class="post" name="admin_user_comment_text" rows="8" cols="30">{ADMIN_USER_COMMENT}</textarea>
                  <br />
                  <input type="submit" class="mainoption" name="user_comment_maj" value="{L_UPDATE}" />
               </form>
               </td>
            </tr>
         </table>

</td>
   </tr>

<!-- END switch_admin_user_comment_active -->
      </table>
      </td>
   </tr>
<!-- BEGIN switch_rpg -->
   <tr>
      <td colspan="2" class="catLeft" align="center"><b><span class="gen">{L_VIEWING_RPG}</span></b></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>

<td class="row1" align="center" valign="top" height="">
         <br><br>

<!-- BEGIN rpg_fields_right -->
         <tr>
            <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap">
            <span class="gen"></span>

</td>
            <td width="100%" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap">
            <b><span class="gen">{switch_rpg.rpg_fields_left.F_VALUE_NEW}</b></span>
            </td>
         </tr>
         <!-- END rpg_fields_right -->
         </table>
      </td>
      <td class="row1" align="center" valign="top" height="6">
      <!-- BEGIN rpg_fields -->
      <tr>
         <td align="right" valign="middle" nowrap="nowrap">
         <span class="gen"></span>
         </td>
         <td width="100%" valign="baseline">
         <b><span class="gen">{switch_rpg.rpg_fields.F_VALUE_NEW}</b></span>
         </td>
      </tr>
      <!-- END rpg_fields -->
      </table>
      </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
   <td colspan="2" align="center" class="row1">
   {U_ADMIN_RPG}
   </td>
   </tr>
<!-- END switch_rpg -->
</table>
<br />

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus Wed 6 Aug - 6:36

Geez - that editor really makes a mess out of code. Pretty hard to follow:( You have nested tables there, so trying to find the one that can center that one table is ... bad news. That's a little above my curve, Kilsek.
Tell you what you might do, though ... try posting that and the pic at the SitePoint Forums. That is my main source for CSS and HTML help. Real wizards there. If they can't figure it out ... can't be:)
Sitepoint Forums

Last edited by Saurus on Wed 6 Aug - 6:46; edited 1 time in total
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Aug - 6:40

k thanks man I appreciate your help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Aug - 7:41

you know even if I can get the table on the left side that would be cool as I can put some images on the other.

Back to top Go down