The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy!

3 posters

Go down

is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy! Empty is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy!

Post by celtic1888 August 9th 2008, 9:37 pm

ive ran my forum for a wee while now...
i thought i saw a while back a reference to a map thingy! where the location of your forum members show up on a map

for example i run a badge collectors cirlce and have members all over the world
is there a map in forumotion that would show where the mebers come from?

and if not why not and whens it going to be added? ( the last bits a joke admin)

anyway anybody have any ideas please let me know
cheers
william
celtic1888
Forumember

Language : kyle92

Back to top Go down

is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy! Empty Re: is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy!

Post by UNiSEL August 9th 2008, 10:56 pm

The are two ways:
1. Log into your forum's ACP. At ACP index (Home), click on your online user's IP address. A new window will opened up showing you their location on map.
2. At your forum Index, under the LAST category / forum, there's a "Who is Online ?" link. Click it and it will show you a map.

Additionally, you can use feedjit.com free service.
Thank you._
UNiSEL
UNiSEL
Forumember

Male Posts : 80
Language : MY; EN

http://www.unisel.forumplatinum.com/

Back to top Go down

is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy! Empty Re: is there a map location of members of your forum, thingy!

Post by celtic1888 August 9th 2008, 11:35 pm

sorry dont understand your first point
can you explain what the ACP is?

the second one is great and that was what i was after
great stuff
thanks
william
celtic1888
Forumember

Language : kyle92

Back to top Go down

Post by manor August 10th 2008, 12:19 am

an ip addy is no good to locate a place on a map, my mate lives in south london and map shows him in brighton that is 60+ miles away, the only way you could get real location is to create a google map and allow your users to pinpoint themselves, my ip makes me 30 ish miles away from my location
manor
manor
Forumember

Male Posts : 137
Language : en

http://www.eruptionmini.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 10th 2008, 12:56 am

that is because your internet prob broadcasts to that spot and then that spot broadcasts it to the web. that spot would be your areas central hub or some sort.

Back to top Go down