The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uh... more problems. Administration

3 posters

Go down

Uh... more problems. Administration Empty Uh... more problems. Administration

Post by redfurrymonster84 February 26th 2006, 11:28 pm

I need another administrator at my board so I choose someone. I added him to the admin group and changed his rank in his profile to the administrative rank. Now, why at the bottom does he not see the admin panel and why it still shows him as a mod instead of an admin on the who's line list?

I even looked, his rank is officially administrator and everything. Can someone find out what I am doing wrong? This is really bugging me and him. I had the same problem with making him a moderator one day also. But, we finally got it to work.

It seems to work with everyone else... did I just forget to do something?

- RFM
redfurrymonster84
redfurrymonster84
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Uh... more problems. Administration Empty Re: Uh... more problems. Administration

Post by Cornelia February 26th 2006, 11:58 pm

Hello

Yes, you forgot something.

In the Frequently Asked Questions, there's a tutorial named "Administrators". I invite you to take a look.

For some options in your admin panel, you have to click on the yellow arrow at the bottom of the left column.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Uh... more problems. Administration Empty Re: Uh... more problems. Administration

Post by redfurrymonster84 February 27th 2006, 10:09 pm

I know that, Katt.

I have other administrators I made on my forum, what I am saying is that it just won't show him as an admin, still a mod. And he doesn't have admin powers only mod powers, but he has the admin rank.
redfurrymonster84
redfurrymonster84
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia February 27th 2006, 11:14 pm

The rank under his name in messages doesn't give him any powers.

Can I name another administrator?

You can name another admin without any problem, but before to do it, you must think that he/she will have the same possibilities than you, or almost. Only the founder can delete the board or change its address.

However, choose only people know and you trust at 100%

To name it Admin, you must go to the admin panel > User Admin > Permissions > you type his/her username > In User level (at the top), you choose "administrator" and you submit

What I put in bold is what you must do to give him the admin pawers. This way, he will appear in the same color as you in the Who's online block in your forum index.

You can give him an "Admin" rank under his name, but it is completely independant from the permissions.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by chessplayer March 5th 2006, 9:50 am

KATT...y i can't see de permission under de user admin?
chessplayer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia March 5th 2006, 6:24 pm

hello and welcome!

At the bottom ot the left column, you have this yellow arrow : Uh... more problems. Administration Down_arrow

Click on the arrow and more options will appear in the column.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by chessplayer March 8th 2006, 4:16 pm

thanx katt...here's my another problem
how to set up music in my forum???
chessplayer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia March 8th 2006, 10:44 pm

Hello

First of all, this music you want to put, is it free of rights?

I suggest you to see this topic : https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=108

Next time you have a new question, I ask you to make a new topic instead of squatting another topic.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down