The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message post allignment?

2 posters

Go down

Message post allignment? Empty Message post allignment?

Post by Gammy August 29th 2008, 4:05 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right wording for my problem.
when I copy and paste something to post, the original is in it's proper context. When i post it, the sentences create spaces between themselves, some run the width of the page, most are only a few words with the rest of the sentence on the next line. I have to continually use the backspace button to make sure the article I want to post is in it's original form. I'm really tired of doing this. I've looked everywhere in the admin panel and can't find a way to change this. I'm wondering why this is happening because it doesn't do it with the same post on another board. There is comes out perfect.
My post is also displaying code that doesn't show up in the original copy and paste article.
I am using phpBB2.
If you don't understand, take a look at some of the posts here, http://familyinjustice.forumotion.com/forum.htm
child protection, article - Part 1- A knock at the door.

thanks for any help you can provide.
Gammy

Female Posts : 7
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Message post allignment? Empty Re: Message post allignment?

Post by zakir321 August 30th 2008, 10:20 am

From what programm are you copying? Word maybe? It's normal behaviour that text looses it's formatting when copy and paste. It's more a problem of translating a document into html language rather than a problem of the forums. Wink

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a good solution. I have heard, Open Office offers a good conversion into html...
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down