The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum?

2 posters

Go down

Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum? Empty Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum?

Post by tubefedkids September 7th 2008, 2:27 pm

As title says, I'm not the most technical person but not a complete beginner, just don't know about this! Thanks in advance!
tubefedkids

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum? Empty Re: Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum?

Post by tubefedkids September 7th 2008, 2:29 pm

Forgot to say I own the domian name, and on another board I set it up so you got to the forum message board, but now we can't access that forum so want to transfer it to use wth my forumotion message board if its possible?
tubefedkids

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum? Empty Re: Can I use a domain name currently linked to another forum to transfer onto my forumotion forum?

Post by zakir321 September 7th 2008, 6:48 pm

I think that tutorial below should help finding the answer to your question. Basically, you just have create a CNAME entry for either your whole domain or a subdomain. That way you can easily link to your FM board.

[LINK]
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down