The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you hide/delete the "Our users have posted a total of ** messages" at the bottom of your forum?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Can you hide/delete the "Our users have posted a total of ** messages" at the bottom of your forum?

Post by Misery_Kitty September 13th 2008, 9:21 pm

I am really sorry if this is the wrong section but i was wondering if there is an option or code to remove/hide the "Our users have posted a total of *** messages" at the bottom of the forum. I would like to hide it as our hidden section is accumulating way too many posts and well... looks bad on the total post count. I read you can't at the present time have sections which don't contribute to post counts so I was trying to maybe find a work around Wink

THANKS in advance
Kel
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Can you hide/delete the "Our users have posted a total of ** messages" at the bottom of your forum?

Post by Cherry Blossom September 13th 2008, 10:10 pm

this may help https://help.forumotion.com/tricks-tips-f32/css-tutorial-for-your-forums-t22327.htm
if not it may be something to do with templates
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Can you hide/delete the "Our users have posted a total of ** messages" at the bottom of your forum?

Post by Misery_Kitty September 14th 2008, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the link I tried a few out but they didn't have the right code there. But i do appreciate the help Hello

and it also showed that its doable.... so all i need is the right code in the css style sheet and it should work Wink
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 14th 2008, 7:22 pm

Your forum was phpBB2 if I remember correctly? Well, you cannot hide it via CSS then, not without ripping the forum style apart at least. Wink

All you could do is to hide the whole "who is online" and "statistics" boxes in "Display / Structure & Hierarchy >> Display viewonline information box on index = Never".
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty September 14th 2008, 11:30 pm

Yeh thats what I am using. huhohi

Thanks heaps for the reply!! cheers

Ok i tried hiding the whole who is online area as you suggested but it only removed the line which shows actual members names in the statistic box nothing else (i can still see the post count ouou )

IF i changed to another version could it be done with css code? (which version do you think?) Embarassed

Thanks again I always appreciate your help Sunny Very Happy
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 15th 2008, 4:24 pm

Normally it should pretty much hide that part as well if you disable the who-is-online box entirely. Have a look at the screenshots below: Smile
Can you hide/delete the "Our users have posted a total of ** messages" at the bottom of your forum? 00110Can you hide/delete the "Our users have posted a total of ** messages" at the bottom of your forum? 00210
Have you probably changed something in the templates?

The perfect version (the only one, to be precise Lol) to cut that specific part out would be punBB - you'd just have to use the CSS code below (Display / Colors / CSS Stylesheet) :

Code:
#pun-info #stats{display:none;}
#pun-info #onlinelist{border-top:0;}
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty September 23rd 2008, 10:38 am

Thanks again Sunny i've gone for hide the whole who is section... seems good for now Wink
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn September 23rd 2008, 3:11 pm

Cool thanks!
the one question i had but never got around to asking!
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 24th 2008, 7:04 pm

You're welcome. Smile

Topic seems to be answered, so I will close.

EDIT Scamite; Actually hits the lock button Wink
zakir321

Back to top Go down