The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Width/Padding -

3 posters

Go down

Solved Forum Width/Padding -

Post by Khephra September 16th 2008, 3:53 am

Our community's forum isn't sized properly, and I'm having difficulties locating a fix.

I've already toggled the forum's width down to 88%, but members are still complaining because they have to laterally scroll to see the entire page. Is it possible to set the configuration so that the entire page opens w/o lateral scrolling? Is it an issue of the width of the widgets? They're both currently set to 180 pixels...

For whatever reason, I don't have any problems when I open the page... I may have a larger than typical monitor and be on a Mac, but why is it that the page would load evenly for me but not others?

Cheers!
Khephra
Khephra
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Width/Padding -

Post by Jalokim September 16th 2008, 9:46 am

yes, i think there could be a problem with the empty widget.
If you have nothing on the right side then change its pixels to 0, to save space.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 16th 2008, 1:33 pm

Also noticed two additional points that might be the reason. The first one being your banner - it's an image with a width of 1024 Pixels. That means any user with a lower resolution than 1024 x ... px will see a scroll bar in their browser window.

Second problem seems to be located in your CSS - your current settings would show a scrollbar for all members with less than ~1150px resolution. Add this code below into "Display / Colors / CSS Stylesheet", click submit and ask your members if they still see the scrollbar.

Code:
#wrap{min-width:765px;}
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Khephra September 16th 2008, 5:59 pm

Excellent feedback - cheers! Smile I'll check on these issues and report back if I have any additional challenges.
Khephra
Khephra
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 16th 2008, 7:57 pm

solved
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113