The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator and General Discussions forum

4 posters

Go down

?

Moderator and General Discussions forum Left1188%Moderator and General Discussions forum Right11 88% 
[ 7 ]
Moderator and General Discussions forum Left1112%Moderator and General Discussions forum Right11 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Moderator and General Discussions forum Empty Moderator and General Discussions forum

Post by Antonio1992 September 23rd 2008, 5:25 am

I think that the Forumotion Moderators should be able to moderate the General Discussions forum because There are only 3 mods and a A lot of the spams are in the General Discussions forum. Especially when they have spammed in another forum and know they cannot moderate there
Antonio1992
Antonio1992
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Language : english

http://admintalk.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Moderator and General Discussions forum Empty Re: Moderator and General Discussions forum

Post by Guest September 23rd 2008, 9:31 pm

Yes

I think that maybe not all but certainly more moderators need access to the forum, at least one in each time zone

As i have experienced, people posting spam in GD and i cannot lock the threads

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Moderator and General Discussions forum Empty Re: Moderator and General Discussions forum

Post by Christos September 23rd 2008, 9:34 pm

Hey,

Good Idea, I vote yes, I dont like spam in the general Discussions, its the fun forum Smile

Regards,

Christos
Christos
Christos
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1238
Language : English,French,Greek,Luxembourgish

http://misery.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2008, 9:54 pm

Would these moderators been able to lock the topics in the GD forum? and would they be only in the GD forum or would they also moderate the rest?

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonio1992 September 23rd 2008, 9:56 pm

Yes lock and all and only the GD forum
Antonio1992
Antonio1992
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 23rd 2008, 10:02 pm

I think it would be good

But Then Why dont we just have one Big Mod Group??

Since both of are going to do the same
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonio1992 September 23rd 2008, 10:04 pm

they aren't the Global mods do EVERYTHING and what im purposing is the mods do the support section and the GD section only
Antonio1992
Antonio1992
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 23rd 2008, 10:07 pm

O now I get it

I will say yes to this
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2008, 2:19 am

It does make sense, why would the mods mod a general discussion forum?

Caihlem, what ya think boss?

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem September 24th 2008, 7:42 pm

Sorry guys, I'm the one closing the thread/suggestion Wink

When creating the Helpers group, I posed myself the question of where or not they'd have moderation powers.
Their role is to provide support, hence the name Helpers (only changed because of the useless grief given to them by some members mwii)
The GD Section (as well as others like here for instance) does therefore NOT enter their region of activity.

I also thought of the possibility of like having the power, but that they only use it when there's no Gmod. But that's what's in place on the French Section. The advantage of having comrades I guess Razz The problem is that it's not respected. You'd see Helpers (and GFX) moderating the forum more than doing their role. I can dish out names, many even TT I don't want to have to remind my own staff what their place is. I also recall an event where the Admin did remind them their job TT
To cut a long story short it's because of those permissions that Wiegraf left and I'm Admin now...

=> Suggestion Refused
=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down