The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im trying to make fourms that need a password

4 posters

Go down

im trying to make fourms that need a password Empty im trying to make fourms that need a password

Post by 4LIFEMAFIA 28.09.08 2:49

i have a site for music, an the really rare cds i want seprate from others

so is there any way to add some type of password requiement thing ( SO YOU CLICK ON THE FORUM AN THEN IT SHOULD ASK YOU FOR PASSWORD )

http://deadkniccas.forumakers.com/
4LIFEMAFIA
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

im trying to make fourms that need a password Empty Re: im trying to make fourms that need a password

Post by mazuki 28.09.08 7:54

WTF is that site?
mazuki
Forumember

Male Posts : 28
Language : English

Back to top Go down

im trying to make fourms that need a password Empty Re: im trying to make fourms that need a password

Post by Sonozaki 28.09.08 8:04

I registered to see.

It's a site that has downloads for various movie.

I'm adding to it that it's a violation. They are all in .rar format.
Sonozaki
Forumember

Language : En.

Back to top Go down

Post by mazuki 28.09.08 8:53

i hate .rar files they suck
mazuki
Forumember

Male Posts : 28
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by 4LIFEMAFIA 29.09.08 1:13

it's a violation .. what do you mean

an if your not replyig to help me then you shouldnt be replyin at all

agine what im tryin to do is add some type of password set up for certin fourms .. can you do this or not
4LIFEMAFIA
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 29.09.08 1:58

4LIFEMAFIA wrote:it's a violation .. what do you mean

an if your not replying to help me then you shouldn't be replying at all

again what I'm trying to do is add some type of password set up for certain forums .. can you do this or not

no about the only thing you can do is just have the permissions set for groups or individuals. although if you have the link redirected then you can have that password protected.. try a search for password protecting links, or links protection.. there is way but you might have to dl certain software.. I'll see what i can dig up for ya.
heres some.
you will have to dig around to find what will work and how you want to do it.
but it can work in the sence that your are just protecting the link leading to any given post or forums within your forum. understand.. hehe loul
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&&q=password+protecting+links

hope that helps.

Sonozaki wrote:I registered to see.

It's a site that has downloads for various movie.

I'm adding to it that it's a violation. They are all in .rar format.

so whats wrong with rar files.
just b/c something is in a rar/zip file does not mean your not allowed to have it on your forum. as long as your not breaking forumotions tos and the file host tos. then you can have all rar/zips you want. i use them all the time to send band members and fans info,footage and new songs pic's etc....
as do they the same. how else are supposed to share files. keep within tos and there's nothing to worry about.

thanks

Last edited by kirk on 29.09.08 8:05; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 4LIFEMAFIA 29.09.08 7:19

i deleted all movies so im not gettin in troble .. an just so every one knows "EVERY CD THAT IV POSTED UP ARE "DISCONTINUED" MEANING THEY DONT SELL THEM ANYMORE ALSO IM NOT MAKEING ANY MONEY OFF THIS .. ITS FOR OTHER TRUE FANS"
4LIFEMAFIA
Forumember

Back to top Go down