The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes

4 posters

Go down

Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes Empty Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes

Post by Punkarella October 6th 2008, 11:44 pm

Hello everyone. I have a confusing question.

I used a hitskin to start my forum off, but have since altered it completely to suit my own vision for my forum.

For Halloween I plan to download temporarily, a Halloween hitskin.

I have noticed in the Admin panel, that you can 'Restore' your theme. Will that work if I install a new halloween theme for the day... can I then the next day, click restore and go back to a day or two previous, so the theme will then be back to my personalised theme? Or once I install the Halloween theme, will I lose any memory of my own personalised theme, and the reset will not work.

I've also noticed you can export your theme. I have tried this, and it saves to my computer as 'Unreadable/Unrecognised.' What program do I need to be able to use this file once I've downloaded it to my computer.

Once I have exported my current theme to my computer, if I wish to use it again, do I just use the 'Import' button and import it back on. Will that work fine then?

I'd really love to surprise my members with a Halloween theme but I am scared about losing my current theme
Punkarella
Punkarella
Forumember

Female Posts : 334
Language : English

http://www.funkyfriendsonline.ace.st

Back to top Go down

Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes Empty Re: Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes

Post by CANADIEN October 19th 2008, 11:25 pm

I can answer #1 (I believe Razz ).

Yes, you can restore the theme from previous days if you wish... but only up to around 5 days previous. So if you're just doing it for the day then it should be fine.
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes Empty Re: Exporting, Importing & Resetting Themes

Post by Christos October 20th 2008, 12:49 am

you can actually restore 5-10 or even 1 month back Razz

Regards,

Christos
Christos
Christos
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1238
Language : English,French,Greek,Luxembourgish

http://misery.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim October 20th 2008, 3:39 pm

CANADIEN wrote:I can answer #1 (I believe Razz ).

Yes, you can restore the theme from previous days if you wish... but only up to around 5 days previous. So if you're just doing it for the day then it should be fine.

but it can also reset you posts ... sometimes the thing is funky and restores you forum posts too.

I suggest exporting your current theme... you need to export 3 things... first go to your export menu and select full theme export ...
download it to wherever and change its name to full...
then download the only colors option: and chagne the name to colors
then the only images option... adn change the name to images...

on halloween install your theme from hitskin normally.
After halloween go to your display panel and select a default phpbb theme. prosilver blue or grey...
then go to you management page and first upload full theme colors and then images.

that should be all and 100% safe
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down