The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google cache issue

3 posters

Go down

Google cache issue Empty Google cache issue

Post by mat.ward 9/10/2008, 19:05

Hi,

I set up a test forum for our organisation, for members to review the forum concept. On this forum I inadvertantly placed information that I did not wish to be made public. I have deleted the post with the information and now the entire forum, however the information is still showing in Google searchs as a cached page. I need to remove this information immediately. I have requested that Google remove this (http://services.google.com:8882/urlconsole/controller) but google has denied this:

"The content you submitted for cache removal appears on the live third-party page.

As you may know, information in our search results is actually located on third-party, publicly available webpages. Even if we removed this page from our index, the content in question would still be available on the web.

To remove this information from our search results and from the web, you'll need to contact the webmaster of this third-party site. Once the webmaster makes the change, you can submit a request to remove the cached copy or simply wait for our search results to reflect this change the next time we crawl the page."

Can anyone help me with this or provide contact details for a formotion webmaster/contact that could help with this?

Thank you very much.

Mat
mat.ward

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Google cache issue Empty Re: Google cache issue

Post by zakir321 10/10/2008, 03:29

I bet google is just struggling against removing anything from their index... in my eyes a standart answer to fob people off... Razz Anyway, I will consult Typlo about this problem - maybe it has something to do with the database. Smile

In the meantime, just check google frequently if the content has been removed from the cache. If they send another crawler, it should notice the missing content...
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by mat.ward 10/10/2008, 04:06

Thanks for the reply. Thing is, the post was removed a month ago and the problem info still comes up in the Google search page, even through the cached page does not include the problem words - as it was deleted a month ago.
I can request the google cache be reomoved, but they need the page to come back with a 404 error which aparently it doesn't.
Thanks again,
Mat
mat.ward

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 10/10/2008, 14:36

Hello,

PM just sent regarding this issue Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager