The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there

3 posters

Go down

Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there Empty Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there

Post by Jeremy Clarkson Mon 14 Dec - 4:00

Is this possible?

I have deleted my forum but forgot that google cache exists and i may need to delete that too. I fear that i may need to revive the old forum or create a new one of the same name to put a meta tag in there for google to see.

Does anyone have information or advice on this kind of problem?
Jeremy Clarkson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there Empty Re: Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there

Post by kirk Mon 14 Dec - 4:04

if the forums deleted then it should just come up as a broken link for anything that may come up in the search engine.. if you create another forum just add the meta tags as befor. it may7 take a wile but will work it's self out. i think you have to give it a lil time for the google bots/google for the old stuff thats no longer there not to appear in the search engine anymore..

but even if it dose it's not like it' can go to something thats no longer there.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there Empty Re: Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there

Post by Jeremy Clarkson Mon 14 Dec - 4:18

it has already been three days since usernames were deleted on the current forum and the google cache still exists with usernames intact from before that.

I created a new forum of the same name and inserted a metatag on the homepage for google to find and verify as my site but

a) will the cache for the old site of the same name be linked to the new one
b) have i put that metatag in the right place?

does anyone know?

thanks for your reply kirk
Jeremy Clarkson

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Mon 14 Dec - 7:51

It takes time for the search engines to remove information to deleted sites.

Deleted Forum but Google Cache still there Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down