The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles

+6
Samcarine
blitz
Cornelia
chinimick
Tristou
mersey
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles Empty more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles

Post by mersey Fri 2 Mar - 23:21

i had a problem with allopass and never recieved help, mods cant help admin arnt reallyt active (not there anyway)

i reackon you should make experienced members helpers
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Male Posts : 186
Language : english

http://hab-help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles Empty Re: more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles

Post by Tristou Fri 2 Mar - 23:36

We are voluntaries, we are not paid for this and we have a social life out of the forum. You have the right to "up" one time all the 24 hours and perhaps we don't have a solution because we are not perfect (when we don't know, a technician or other members can help).

And moderators and admin are active enough, i'm here at least 2 or 3 hours each day...
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles Empty Re: more active staff to help memvberas who have forum troubles

Post by chinimick Sun 4 Mar - 1:49

You should have made lockelymarkets a moderator. Too bad you banned him.
chinimick
chinimick

Male Posts : 11
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Sun 4 Mar - 1:57

There is a reason for the ban of lockelymarket, useless to talk about this.
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by chinimick Sun 4 Mar - 2:00

Mmm his account was probably hacked.

Silly hackers. How they destroy reputations.

I was once hacked.
chinimick
chinimick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Sun 4 Mar - 2:02

I don't think. Please stop, this is not the goal of this topic and if you have something to say, send me a pm Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by chinimick Sun 4 Mar - 2:05

Well anyway you need more moderators.

You used to employ one every two months or thereabouts, but in January you skipped and same with this month.
chinimick
chinimick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Sun 4 Mar - 2:10

Actually, 5 moderators are on the editboard team and I think it's sufficient because I've insisted on a regurlarly presence here and even if there are more and more members and more and more questions, we are a little communauty (there is not many connected users each day and with only 5 moderators we can answer to the questions and you have the right to "up" a demand)
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by chinimick Sun 4 Mar - 2:17

You have 5 moderators and 3 admins. Let us break it down and analyse:
2 of the admins are never online, the other is in France, GMT -1
1 of the moderators is in GMT timezone, another two i GMT -1, another in GMT -5 and the last in GMT +10 or thereabouts.

The moderator in GMT +10 is never online, leaving a large whole in the coverage. The moderator in GMT is rarely online also, leaving the only coverage between GMT -5 and GMT -1, for a majority of users are not in these timezones, there is a large blank hole of time where no staff are online. Therefore meaning their questions aren't answered, and as such the productivity and effectiveness stops.
chinimick
chinimick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Sun 4 Mar - 2:21

One of the admin is the fondator and he hasmany things to do for the forum, that's why I'm admin here, I manage the forum and he works for the forums.
For the last account, that's an account mostly used for the graphic contests but sometimes, it's used for moderation.

This is not a question of timezone. We don't have to be 24h/24 here, we have a social life and sometimes we can't be on the forum,, you must accept it, it's like this in all the forum. And when we can be here (hopefully, it happend), we do our best to help the members but we are humans not machines.
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey Sun 4 Mar - 2:57

Tristou wrote:We are voluntaries, we are not paid for this and we have a social life out of the forum. You have the right to "up" one time all the 24 hours and perhaps we don't have a solution because we are not perfect (when we don't know, a technician or other members can help).

And moderators and admin are active enough, i'm here at least 2 or 3 hours each day...

oh rite soz i didnt know you were voulenters.. Smile

are the technitions voulenteers? if not there not v.good coz there was someone who has been waiting a month in the tach forum an still not got a reply
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia Sun 4 Mar - 3:16

Hello.

I will harass the technicats to make them come here this Monday.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by blitz Mon 5 Mar - 1:58

I find this board very helpful. Admitedly i do only come here when i need help with my forum, but i find that i get a response fairly quick.
Thanks for the service and help i have had for my forum guys. Smile

Claire
blitz
Forumember

Female Posts : 100

http://aforumforall.forum.st/

Back to top Go down

Post by Samcarine Mon 5 Mar - 13:39

Same here ..
I guess that the rule is clear ..
u ask for help and the answer will be within 24 hrs (Which never happened for me .. the maximum i waited was 6 hrs)

5 moderators are fairly enough .. with Katt and Chaliem (both are doing a job of 4) . and tristou is here everyday aswell ..

all what is messing is just another technicein to help out .

Sam
Samcarine
Forumember

Male Posts : 65
Language : English - French - Arabic

http://www.ahlyclub.winnerbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia Tue 6 Mar - 4:47

I agree about the number of technicians. We have only one technician registered here, and he has already a lot of job to do on the French side which is more than 10 times bigger than here (the number of registered members), so it's not easy for him to be here often. Having a second technician registered here would help a lot.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey Tue 6 Mar - 23:27

as i said above i didnt know the mods were volenteers and they do a gd job Smile its just the tachnitians really dont come on, an why do we have one an in the french board they have loads? is it a french company?
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Tue 6 Mar - 23:33

Pretty much yeah Very Happy
Originally, and truely, we are ForumActif...
EditBoard and NiceBoard are add-ons to this Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey Tue 6 Mar - 23:35

oh kl, i wondered why alot of things used to be in frence, i thought it was a glitch or something lol thx i think this may aswell be locked and binned coz my topic has been cleared up (i started this)

off topic: whens the next big vote btw
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Tue 6 Mar - 23:44

I propose we move this to te general discussions instead of binning Wink

Off topic: We're thinking of a new system, the Big Vote not being too effective
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey Wed 7 Mar - 0:04

klkl

off topic: Tristou said there could only be 10 things considered because of the max 10 poll options, but this can be changed somehow.... cant remember lol
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Wed 7 Mar - 0:10

Moved to Genral Discussions Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Wed 7 Mar - 1:06

Yes, I said that biut now, we think the system of the big vote is too long to organize so we're thinking about something else.

About the goal of the topic, we need maybe an other technician for the support forum but not for the support team so what can we said else...
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Thu 8 Mar - 2:08

So, will the members know about this mysterious "new system"...?

I am hoping its not going to be changing from PHPBB to InvisionBoard... that would suck (To be plain about it...)
Buster
Buster
Forumember

Male Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Thu 8 Mar - 2:08

Yes, of course and it's juste a little change about the sort of the suggestions, not else, don't worry Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Thu 8 Mar - 2:47

Okey you got me really worried... I mean really, my head was a flying! (I left InvisionBoard to use this, I see PHPBB as a much better form of PHP powers!)
Buster
Buster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou Thu 8 Mar - 16:50

I contacted Gizmo today, we will have soon a new "technician" to answer to the demands of the members Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia Thu 8 Mar - 20:34

Sorry, I couldn't do support yesterday, because Wednesday is usually my "big day" of the week : training in the afternoon + oil painting lessons from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. More, I had internet connection problems at supper time
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Eximma Fri 9 Mar - 17:41

Hi ^^

For me, I can helping members but my English is so so, that's why I prefer help on the french support forum Wink

max---
Eximma
Eximma
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1358
Language : French, English, learning japanese [gave up with german :'(]

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri 9 Mar - 18:20

Hello everyone,

First excuse my english!!
About your concerns for the lack of editboard staff help!! I inform you that henceforth, I will take care personally of the editboard help, trying to solve your technical problems. this, with the assistance of our invaluable modéractif and adminactif and devactif.
Thank you for your confidence and your patience.

Cordially
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Sat 10 Mar - 0:19

Gizmo lives!!!

Great to hear that Godfather, does this also mean more updates?!
Buster
Buster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next