The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal

+4
mersey
stevembe
xaphania
The Godfather
8 posters

Go down

Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal Empty Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal

Post by Guest March 9th 2007, 12:45 pm

Hello

Hope I'm posting this on the right board. Its sort of a complaint really.
These BIG advertisements that keep appearing at the top of the homepage and portal. The small google ads are OK, but this is another matter. Are these BIG Ads supposed to keep appearing?.......... Here is this mornings example...............

Fed Up with your Job?

FOUND IT AGAIN.............. Underneath the Very Big Words above - more big words say...........
More Time with Your Kids? - Start your own home based business.
Earn up to £1,500/mth pt. Inv req. www.60mm.biz
this link then takes you to
http://u-2b-a-success.info/?refid=Google1106-567897958

Carole

Back to top Go down

Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal Empty Re: Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal

Post by Guest March 9th 2007, 12:52 pm

I've just noticed that the same one is also displaying here at Forum of Forums.

Don't like it - is there any way can stop it?

PS: Just notice that you've copied my post above and locked it - why is that please?

Back again - you've replied on the other thread that you locked.....

Hi Carole, just one topic please Wink

I promise you - I only posted it once.
Carole

Back to top Go down

Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal Empty Re: Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal

Post by The Godfather March 9th 2007, 2:30 pm

hi carole,

know that big advertisements that keep appearing on forums are not normal. i just cheked your forum but didn't found anything abnormal !! is it ok for you or do you still see all the advertisements?
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xaphania March 9th 2007, 3:07 pm

Just thought I'd add that big advertisements like that appear on my forum quite frequently as well.

I've seen the "Fed Up With Your Job" one before, as well as one that says something like "Will You Sleep With Me Tonight?" which although is only advertising a mattress, is not really suitable for our site.

I didn't know they weren't normal though...and I agree with Cas, they are more annoying than the normal google ads.
xaphania
xaphania
Forumember

Female Posts : 371
Language : English, French

http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevembe March 9th 2007, 11:37 pm

I am getting it too:
MORE TIME WITH YOUR KIDS

Whats happening?
stevembe

Male Posts : 16
Language : English

http://chatongolf.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stevembe March 9th 2007, 11:40 pm

stevembe wrote:I am getting it too:
MORE TIME WITH YOUR KIDS

Whats happening?

On second thoughts I should spend more time with my son.......crumbs the ad worked! :/
stevembe

Male Posts : 16

http://chatongolf.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey March 9th 2007, 11:42 pm

its google are creating different types of ads for their clients

i no ppl who use google adscene and new BIG advertisements are their new thing, try changeing your forum keywords they mite go back to general ones then
or better still remove them using points Razz
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Male Posts : 186
Language : english

http://hab-help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 10th 2007, 12:14 am

Hi all & thanks for your responses.

Godfather -
I wasn't online for a lot of hours after I posted on here this morning. Came back tonight - and these horrid big ads are still appearing very frequently.

At the moment its the "MORE TIME WITH YOUR KIDS - start your own business" one. They are all "financial" related and I don't want these on my forum. At least the smaller google ads do fit in with the subject of the Forum.

mersey........
I'll try what you suggest about changing my key-words - but I don't think I have any keywords that apply - they're all mostly genealogy related - but I'll check - thanks for suggestion.

Godfather....
Is there anything else can be done about it?

Carole

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey March 10th 2007, 12:29 pm

mersey........
I'll try what you suggest about changing my key-words - but I don't think I have any keywords that apply - they're all mostly genealogy related - but I'll check - thanks for suggestion.

google spark of all sorts of words like teen etc and alot of the time give wrong adverts to sites, so if you have kids as a keyword it mite give you the big advert saying "want to spend more time with the KIDS

as i sed above its there new style of advertising, try alerting google your getting inapropriet ads

EDIT: i reported the ads saying they were inappropriate and not usual adscene adverts

Last edited by on March 10th 2007, 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 10th 2007, 12:32 pm

NO SMS !!! Consider this as an official warning seen as I've already reminded you of this
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxkirstylxx March 10th 2007, 12:32 pm

i see them too
on my forum
xxkirstylxx

Female Posts : 12

http://www.habblake.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 10th 2007, 1:58 pm

mersey -
I understand what you mean - but even so - these BIG financial-type advertisements are just not acceptable. I've changed some of my keywords as you suggested even though there were none already that should have prompted this stuff. But not made any difference.

caihlem -
what's SMS - sorry is it me doing something wrong?

The current big ad on my Forum.......
Home Business for Mums

These big advertisements always seem to be links to the same website........
displayed as (but with closed letters of course)
w w w . m e g a t r e n d . co. u k
and very sensitive - transfers even if just hovering sometime - (eg: just highlighted to copy & paste) & it takes you immediately to their site.

The properties of the "megatrend" link as shown below...........
So it includes my Forum title in here........

http://pagead2.googlesyndic
ation.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-
0339214227387817&dt=1173530598843&lmt=1173530597&alternate_
ad_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmithproject.forumotion.com%2Fannonce_468x60.forum&format=728x90_as&output=
html&channel=9780022275&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmithproject.forumotion.com%2Flogin.forum%3Fredirect%
3Dmsg.forum%26folder%3Dinbox&color_bg=ffffff&color_text=3333cc&color_link=
cc6600&color_url=ffffff&color_border=ffffff&ad_type=text&cc
=1400&u_h=600&u_w=800&u_ah=566&u_aw=800&u_cd=32&u_
his=2&u_java=true

Please tell us what to do about getting rid of these from our Forums. PLEASE.

Carole Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 10th 2007, 2:34 pm

Sorry, I should have been more clear:
This warning is to the attention of Mersey

SMS is purposelly making mistakes to make a word shorter or cooler... -_-
A degeneration ofthe language
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 10th 2007, 5:52 pm

Aaaah! now I get it caihlem Smile

the inappropriate big ads are still appearing - almost continuous now. I'm troubled about it.......

The Godfather wrote:hi carole,

know that big advertisements that keep appearing on forums are not normal. i just cheked your forum but didn't found anything abnormal !! is it ok for you or do you still see all the advertisements?

As they're not normal - how can this be sorted out please?

THIS ONE IS BACK AGAIN NOW...............
Fed Up with your Job?

Carole Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 11th 2007, 12:40 pm

Sorry to be a pest shaking - but they are still appearing.

This is just no good!Big Advertisements Appearing top of homepage & portal Guish2 Please help or advise.

This morning's big advertisement link to megatrend at the top of my pages is...........

Want More Family Time?
Start your own home-based business. earn up to £1,500 per month

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey March 11th 2007, 5:46 pm

just report them to google as i did, i dought they are real google adscene ads and there is nothing really the editboard team can do about it

an sorry for writing in sms i text to much sorry Smile
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou March 11th 2007, 5:52 pm

Yes, I think the technicians and us can't do something because we don't control the ads of Google, report to Google.

Anyway, I will move "need of a technician", maybe a technician can do something but I'm not sure Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gautamas March 12th 2007, 10:00 am

Hello,

As Tristou said, we can't do anything for this adds, it's google that manage them.
Gautamas
Gautamas
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : french,english,dutch

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 13th 2007, 1:32 am

This all seems very strange.confused If its happening on all Editboard Forums, I would have thought someone at Editboard would be able to sort it out. Someone must be in control of the arrangements with Google?

mersey wrote:just report them to google as i did, i dought they are real google adscene ads and there is nothing really the editboard team can do about it

mersey, please can you tell me who you contacted at google? department or email? & then I'll just have to try & sort it out myself. Did Google tell you that they weren't real google adsense ads when you contacted them?

Cas Confused

Back to top Go down