The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banner always worked and now missing....advice?

+4
Nessa
Cap'n' Clutch
Rok
HEMISFEAR
8 posters

Go down

Banner always worked and now missing....advice? Empty Banner always worked and now missing....advice?

Post by HEMISFEAR November 19th 2008, 7:43 pm

I have a link (tried my servimg account pic and another site's link) in the pics management advanced section for forum logo. It has always been there and now the entire banner is gone although the link is still there. Is their an on/off switch for this that I'm missing. FYI, the "hide" box is not checked off.
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Banner always worked and now missing....advice? Empty Re: Banner always worked and now missing....advice?

Post by HEMISFEAR November 20th 2008, 3:47 am

It's fixed, just doesn't work when I center it...but it did in the past. Weird.
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Banner always worked and now missing....advice? Empty Re: Banner always worked and now missing....advice?

Post by Rok November 20th 2008, 4:19 am

Also, if you were to change your backgroun (theme), it would change your banner again. Watch out for that Exclamation
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n' Clutch November 24th 2008, 5:27 pm

My Banner has disappeared also. It appears for other users though. It's like that section of the forum simply doesn't exist. I'm currently using PHPBB3 and if I switch it to other themes the banner re-appears. What am I doing wrong here?

This just happened recently as well. It worked before and now it's like that part of the forum has been sliced out.
Cap'n' Clutch
Cap'n' Clutch

Male Posts : 17

http://www.gmhockey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa November 24th 2008, 6:29 pm

Hi Cap'n'clutch, Have you tried using the F5 button on your keyboard? This also happened to me 2 days ago and I clicked the F5 button and it came right back. Try that and let me know if that works for you too. Smile
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n' Clutch November 24th 2008, 7:13 pm

Nessa wrote:Hi Cap'n'clutch, Have you tried using the F5 button on your keyboard? This also happened to me 2 days ago and I clicked the F5 button and it came right back. Try that and let me know if that works for you too. Smile

Nope. I just tried it now and it didn't work.
Cap'n' Clutch
Cap'n' Clutch

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedSoul November 24th 2008, 9:43 pm

My banner is not coming up either.
I went into my pictures (advanced mode) and it shows up there, but not on my forum.
Please help. Sad This is the first issues I've had so far.
WickedSoul
WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedSoul November 25th 2008, 10:28 am

Now apparently other forum members can see it, but not me. blackeye
WickedSoul
WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontifex November 25th 2008, 12:56 pm

Nessa wrote:Hi Cap'n'clutch, Have you tried using the F5 button on your keyboard? This also happened to me 2 days ago and I clicked the F5 button and it came right back. Try that and let me know if that works for you too. Smile
What excatly happens if I click on the F5 button?? What does that mean? I mean why should the logo appear if I would click on that button?
I can't check if this works, because I'm the one who always can see the logo, just others don't.
Is F5 something like "refresh site button"?
Pontifex
Pontifex
Forumember

Female Posts : 63
Language : Slovene, English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 25th 2008, 1:08 pm

hello there,
Pressing F5 on your keyboard are for refreshing your current pages.
I think there is many thing cause this problem, either your computer fail to load your forum banner (which you must refresh you page using F5), or maybe in meantimes there is slow loading on servimg, our forum upload image provider.

its happen all the time and will back to normal sometimes later.

Otherwise it maybe another forumotion glitch Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n' Clutch November 25th 2008, 6:22 pm

As I said earlier: The Banner appears for all my members except for me. If I change the version and save it the banner appears. My members don't like the version that I save it to in order for me to see my Banner so I've switched it back, the other members see the banner but not me. Please advise. I'd like to be able to see my Banner.

Again. It's not as if it's a blank space with no Banner in it, it's as if my forum just simply doesn't have a spot to put a banner.

When I scroll to the top of the main page it has my welcome message and above that should be a Banner but I can't scroll up. That space for a banner no longer exists for me.
Cap'n' Clutch
Cap'n' Clutch

Back to top Go down

Post by ecristinamc November 25th 2008, 6:49 pm

And I like this happens .. I see bannnerul on any forum members .. but I see
ecristinamc
ecristinamc

Language : romanian,english,french

Back to top Go down