The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we ban a member from a specific thread?

2 posters

Go down

Can we ban a member from a specific thread? Empty Can we ban a member from a specific thread?

Post by Richardr November 23rd 2008, 8:24 am

Is it possible to ban a member from one specified thread only, and from nowhere else?

Also, can we move specific posts from one thread to another thread that already exists? (Note: I'm not talking about splitting a thread, which creates a new thread.)

Thanks.

Last edited by Richardr on November 23rd 2008, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Can we ban a member from a specific thread? Empty Re: Can we ban a member from a specific thread?

Post by Guest November 23rd 2008, 9:09 am

First question, No.
2, I'm not sure what you are talking about, you want to split the thread and then have another topic title on the splited thread?

Back to top Go down

Can we ban a member from a specific thread? Empty Re: Can we ban a member from a specific thread?

Post by Richardr November 23rd 2008, 9:51 am

No I don't want to split it. I merely want to move a few posts from one thread to another that already exists..
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2008, 9:54 am

So you are wanting to merge the topic??

Go into the topic, look down and there should be some icons, there should be one that says merge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 23rd 2008, 9:55 am

You can't move specific posts from one thread to another thread that already exists.
You can merge two threads completely.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr November 23rd 2008, 11:11 am

Sanket wrote:You can't move specific posts from one thread to another thread that already exists.
Thanks.
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2008, 4:24 pm

Sanket wrote:You can't move specific posts from one thread to another thread that already exists.
You can merge two threads completely.
Wrong, simply use the post moderators tools to move the posts.
How do you think posts on here are moved to garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2008, 4:26 pm

Richardr wrote:Is it possible to ban a member from one specified thread only, and from nowhere else?

Also, can we move specific posts from one thread to another thread that already exists? (Note: I'm not talking about splitting a thread, which creates a new thread.)

Thanks.
Its also possible to ban a member from one topic,
Simply create a group and do not give the group permissions for the topic you want them banned from, then add the member to this group remembering to delete them from any other groups they are in.

Back to top Go down