The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Themes - they display bad and differently than they look - phpbb3

2 posters

Go down

Solved Themes - they display bad and differently than they look - phpbb3

Post by Tarogasini November 29th 2008, 7:54 pm

Hello,

i have been on phpbb2 for few months now, but decided to update my forum to phpbb3, before opening the forum for public.

So i wanted to try with : VistaStill black, made by Jalokim

How my forum SHOULD look like with this skin : Example

How my forum DOES look like with this skin : Example

When i go to Administration Panel / Display / Choose a theme - and look at the preview of this theme : it looks like it should be. But when i click on Save Settings to accept it - fail. So i tried another theme. And its the same with all themes. They display wrongfully, badly or some parts ( buttons ) dont even display at all.

Version is checked on phpbb3. I am using Firefox 2.0.0.18, but i am not planning to visit & edit my site with any other browser. I also checked this on some other computer running Firefox 3.0 - its the same.

Hope someone can help me.

Regards

= My fail. Kinda weird that i am unable to change a theme from Administration Panel - but hey : how should i know. Anyway, i clicked on Install the skin and now it accepted it good and correct. So no problems anymore. Usually i would take more time to figure it out myself ( like i did ), but i am kinda running out of time, monday is my deadline. Nevermind. Embarassed

Last edited by Tarogasini on November 29th 2008, 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Few addings, editing the structure of text)
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Themes - they display bad and differently than they look - phpbb3

Post by Nessa November 30th 2008, 11:03 am

Since this problem appears to be self resolved, I will lock this topic now. Wink

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down