The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please help. a hacker is attacking my site!

5 posters

Go down

please help. a hacker is attacking my site! Empty please help. a hacker is attacking my site!

Post by joeoflula December 9th 2008, 5:32 pm

okay, there's a binch of weird stuff happening at my site, people's profiles are chnaging, some members are getting banned without exlenation, one user even got her name changed to " ********** "!
i got all admins and mods to change their password, but it just got worse after that!
does anyone have any advice?
PS, this is my site.
http://sonicworld.6forum.info/index.htm

Edit Nessa: Profanity Removed

Last edited by Nessa on December 9th 2008, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: To Remove Profanity)
joeoflula

Language : english

Back to top Go down

please help. a hacker is attacking my site! Empty Re: please help. a hacker is attacking my site!

Post by MrMario December 9th 2008, 5:33 pm

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

please help. a hacker is attacking my site! Empty Re: please help. a hacker is attacking my site!

Post by joeoflula December 9th 2008, 5:40 pm

the thing s, it's been going on since the week i opened my forrum opened!
joeoflula

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 9th 2008, 5:49 pm

Do a complete Resrote of your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by joeoflula December 9th 2008, 6:09 pm

um... wouldn't that delete all the topics? Confused
joeoflula

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey Man December 9th 2008, 6:26 pm

Try IP banning 'em and then deleting 'em. Then change the person who got a name change's name back to what it was before. Wink
The Monkey Man
The Monkey Man
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : English

http://smbforums.my-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeoflula December 9th 2008, 6:39 pm

it's not one of our members...
joeoflula

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa December 9th 2008, 9:13 pm

joeoflula, Please do not use profanity in posts here on the support forum in the future. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 December 10th 2008, 9:17 am

As MrMario has said, the forum utilites will be usefull, i too reconmend a full restoration, to the date that the so-called "hacker" got into ur forum. (dont tell me the user names is Canope/)

And yes, it would remove any topics and posts, also any data u put onto the forum after the chosen back up date, but that cannot be changed unfortunately.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down