The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Category Separation Issue

2 posters

Go down

Category Separation Issue Empty Category Separation Issue

Post by ElevatorMan2012 December 20th 2008, 8:09 pm

I'm the administrator of "Elevator Center" (http://elevatorcenter.forumotion.com), and I have a problem when setting up forums and categories in my control panel.

I don't know if it's the theme that has to do with it or anything, but I've created two basic categories so far: Elevators and Escalators. Those being the categories, I put under them forums for each brand (OTIS, ThyssenKrupp, Montgomery, Kone, etc).

Now, the problem is that there is no distinction between these categories that's showing up, so it looks like this:

OTIS
ThyssenKrupp Elevator
Dover
KONE
Armor
Montgomery
Schindler
Westinghouse
US Elevator
---------------------------
OTIS
Schindler
KONE

It basically looks like that (except without the dotted line, to show where the category "Escalators" should begin).

I can't find anywhere in the Control Panel to make the categories become separated. If anyone can help me, thanks so much! If you need another way for me to explain this, I'll happily do that too.
ElevatorMan2012

Language : English (US)

Back to top Go down

Category Separation Issue Empty Re: Category Separation Issue

Post by Luky December 20th 2008, 8:48 pm

Go to admin panel=>Display=>Homepage=>Structure & Hierarchy and from the "Split categories on index" option choose Medium.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Category Separation Issue Empty RE:

Post by ElevatorMan2012 December 20th 2008, 9:35 pm

All set. Thanks a lot! Very Happy
ElevatorMan2012

Language : English (US)

Back to top Go down