The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another art theft problem.

2 posters

Go down

Yet another art theft problem. Empty Yet another art theft problem.

Post by nightsong03 April 6th 2006, 2:34 am

I read the other "art theft" topic but it was old and was little help, if any.

I'm here representing several individuals who weren't quite sure what to do. In fact, I'm not sure I know what to do. But I know something NEEDS to be done.

We've stumbled upon another forum here that has been stealing the artwork of the above mentioned individuals WITHOUT their permission, and even ALTERING it, which is simply unacceptable!

I'm under the assumption that Forumactif has at least SOME say as to what can or cannot be done on the forums that their members run, yes?

Our problem is simply that this forum is completely in French, located here--> http://another-world.activebb.net/

One of the individuals tried to contact the administrator of this forum, but it was obvious that they didn't understand a single word of English. I tried using an online translator to understand some of what was posted there, but even so, there are just some things an automatic translation program misses/can't translate.

I understand, though, that they're pointedly targeting specific individuals for their artwork off of deviantart.com.

This is simply unacceptable. It makes me furious.

In the other topic, perhaps I misunderstood, but it was said "we don't intervene".. which makes no sense whatsoever. I would hate to think that something as trivial as a language barrier could keep a working forum provider from doing what needs to be done..

English, French, Martian.. it shouldn't matter. Art theft is art theft. Even if it's not completely illegal, it's EXTREMELY offensive, and still simply unacceptable.

I need to know what to do. Obviously WE, the offended, can't do anything because we don't speak French, but somewhere up the line, there has to be SOME sort of communication between the English-speaking and the French-speaking sections of Forumactif.

Please let me know.

I appreciate your time.

-TW
nightsong03

Back to top Go down

Yet another art theft problem. Empty Re: Yet another art theft problem.

Post by Cornelia April 6th 2006, 3:43 am

Hello

I make some precisions.

Whenever the language, we don't intervene.

For you and the other English people, I posted law texts to be transmitted to the French thiefs, they are quoted, in the second message in this topic : https://help.forumotion.com/ftopic108.Plagiarism-Image-theft-Copyright-royalties.htm

If the images are 100% made by you and that you registered a copyright on these pictures, you can prove that these pics belong to you.

When we create a forum, we have this line : "You are legally responsible of your forum".

So, in this case, the responsible is the admin of another-world.activebb.net/

Retry to contact him and, in the same time, transmit him the law texts, and the proofs of the copyright registration. If he continues to refuse, you can lodge a complaint to the authorities, against the admin of another-world.activebb.net/ In this case, Editboard (Forumactif) will collaborate for the iidentification of this person.

Even if my mother tongue is French and that I'm almost bilingual (I still have some work to do in my English), I can't allow myself to act as a translator between you and the thief without the permissions of my colleagues.

I hope it's clear enough...
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by nightsong03 April 6th 2006, 4:30 am

I was pretty upset when I posted this message earlier today. Afterward, I found out that one of the people who had art stolen from them actually DOES speak French, but DIDN'T yet know her art had been stolen.

I have since contacted her.

I wish I had found out BEFORE I posted this.

So I think I HAVE found a translator.

I do appreciate your help, though, Katt. And I hope I didn't come off as rude in the above post. ^^;

Thank you for your help.

-TW
nightsong03

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia April 6th 2006, 8:53 am

Replied by PM

Good that you found a solution Wink

So, I will close the topic to avoid flood.

Have a nice day!

Katt
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down