The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theft of name and images

4 posters

Go down

Solved Theft of name and images

Post by yc admin February 3rd 2010, 8:07 pm

A forum hosted by forumotion is using a name and header graphic from another site without any permission at all.

www.yorkshirecruise.com has been in existance since 2000 (although the whois only says 2001 thanks to Yahoo being hopeless).

Persons unknown to us have since set up yorkshirecruise.forum-2007.com forum using your services. Although we retain control of the domain name, without asking permission they have used our name and also blatantly stolen the header graphic from yorkshirecruise.com

We have attempted to make contact with persons in control of the forum, and they have either not received the mail or completely ignored it.

At the very least we formally request that you remove our header graphic from your server, and furthermore request the forum be removed.

I have tried the 'litigation' option on your server, only to find all this does it fire an email off to the relevant admins for said forum..... which is completely uselss to us, as they're the ones that intentionally used the name and image without any previous requests or permissions.

yc admin
....the real yorkshirecruise.com

Last edited by kirk on February 4th 2010, 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I neglected to name the infringing site)
yc admin

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Theft of name and images

Post by Sanket February 3rd 2010, 8:12 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by yc admin February 3rd 2010, 11:53 pm

Fair enough, I did that to start with.

BUT.....The final message....
"Your litigation has been passed to yorkshirecruise.forum-2007.com" .....makes one think the complaint has been forwarded to the relevant forum admins, NOT to forumotion adminstrators. A change of resulting message would prevent this mistake perhaps.
yc admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 4th 2010, 2:21 am

Contact Typlo he is the one that handles the forum reports.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 4th 2010, 2:22 am

yc admin wrote:Fair enough, I did that to start with.

BUT.....The final message....
"Your litigation has been passed to yorkshirecruise.forum-2007.com" .....makes one think the complaint has been forwarded to the relevant forum admins, NOT to forumotion adminstrators. A change of resulting message would prevent this mistake perhaps.

No it goes to forumotions litigation's team to be further investigated and decided on what actions to take if any.If you send them proof stating that you do indeed own the images then the forum will either be warned and asked to remove all images or they will just be shut down.
But this is for forumotions litigation's to determine.The only way a report would go to the forum in question Administrators/Owner. Is if you where to report the forum useing the report abuse tab at the bottom of there forum. other then that any report made through forumotions litigation's goes directly to the forumotions litigation's department/team.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by yc admin February 4th 2010, 11:21 am

okies.

Changing the confirmation message screen (after filing the report) would prevent save others from this minor Freudian slip in furture.
yc admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 4th 2010, 8:13 pm

yc admin wrote:okies.

Changing the confirmation message screen (after filing the report) would prevent save others from this minor Freudian slip in furture.

i guess you could report that to them too... lol (silly)
i know what you mean though, it can seem like it's going to the forums admin. but it's just confirming that is the forum being reported. like i said if you are making the report through litigation's then only litigation's will receive the report.

Since the questions was answered i will now mark as solved and lock the thread.And just to reiterate.Forumotion support staff with the acception of typlo have nothing to do with forumotions litigation's. we are here forum forum support only.Any complaints or reports must go through the proper procedure of sending it through litigation's not on the support forum here.You can pm typlo.But i think you are better off reporting it through litigation's. it can take longer for typlo to receive it for he is a busy man and takes all Pm's in the order they are received.
Thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down