The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view?

+3
Rao Asif
tieucongchua124
thealbertross
7 posters

Go down

How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view? Empty How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view?

Post by thealbertross January 7th 2009, 10:23 pm

I already have a homepage message, but is there any way to create another that only guests can view? explaining wha my forum is about and why they should join?
thealbertross
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view? Empty Re: How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view?

Post by tieucongchua124 January 8th 2009, 5:27 am

set permission only for guest
tieucongchua124
tieucongchua124
Forumember

Female Posts : 65
Language : English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and other Chinese

Back to top Go down

How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view? Empty Re: How to put a message on homepage that only guests can view?

Post by Rao Asif January 8th 2009, 6:46 pm

Permission ko kis tarha edit ya modify karty hain
Rao Asif
Rao Asif

Language : EnglishUrdu

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 10th 2009, 12:52 am

i did this on my forum by creating a module and setting it to guest permissions only, that way i could keep the homepage for members too. If you would like to do this, go into your admin>>modules>>forum widgets>>create custom block. Once your module is made, add it and set its permissions to guest Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by thealbertross January 17th 2009, 5:15 pm

is there a way to put the widget above the forum block rather than at the side?
thealbertross
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by greek-mad January 17th 2009, 5:21 pm

ooo.thanks..Its a very good idea Wink
greek-mad
greek-mad
Forumember

Male Posts : 44
Language : Greek,English

http://www.greek-mad.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thealbertross January 17th 2009, 5:29 pm

so can it be done? Wink
thealbertross
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 17th 2009, 5:36 pm

If you have template editing I reworked some coding to have this. Or I can show you how to edit the log in bar atop your forums:

Last edited by Dungeon Master on January 23rd 2009, 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma8432 January 18th 2009, 9:34 pm

How can you edit it so only guests can see it?
Emma8432
Emma8432
Forumember

Female Posts : 219
Language : Meep

http://warriorcatsworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki January 23rd 2009, 9:06 pm

Dungeon Master wrote:If you have template editing I reworked some coding to have this. Or I can show you how to edit the log in bar atop your forums:

demo: http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com

Hi there,
I would like to know too, whether if the modules can be placed on top of the forum rather than the sides. =D

Is it by changing the CSS?
Because so far, modules can be placed in column 1 (right side) and column 3 (left side). I want the modules to be on column 2 (on top of forum, below menu bar), which is the same position as the homepage message.

Is there any ways or any CSS codes to make the modules, the same position as the homepage message? Thanks! Very Happy
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Female Posts : 14
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by thealbertross January 23rd 2009, 9:51 pm

i guess it could be done thru template edited on phpbb2 but i wouldnt know how to do it...
thealbertross
Forumember

Back to top Go down