The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum

3 posters

Go down

How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum Empty How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum

Post by Shine69 January 17th 2009, 3:54 pm

Thanks
Shine69

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum Empty Re: How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum

Post by ankillien January 17th 2009, 4:01 pm

First create a group, add users to it and go to general tab > forums & categories.
Now click "permission" button of the forum from which you want to exclude the users. Deselect options like view, read, post...
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum Empty Re: How do I exclude a usergroup from other parts of the forum

Post by Shine69 January 17th 2009, 4:09 pm

kvl_share wrote:First create a group, add users to it and go to general tab > forums & categories.
Now click "permission" button of the forum from which you want to exclude the users. Deselect options like view, read, post...

The only problem is that I can't access the 'tick' in the permissions to deselect it. The only way is to disable the 'members' and that means average members cannot post then.
Shine69

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien January 17th 2009, 4:12 pm

First you need to create the group. Then only you can access the tick.
The created group will show up with other groups like Moderatos and Members etc.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine69 January 17th 2009, 4:15 pm

kvl_share wrote:First you need to create the group. Then only you can access the tick.
The created group will show up with other groups like Moderatos and Members etc.

I have created the Group and it shows on the panel, but it won't let me access the tick
Shine69

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine69 January 17th 2009, 4:30 pm

Bump
Shine69

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine69 January 17th 2009, 4:57 pm

Do any technicians post on here?
Shine69

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa January 17th 2009, 6:24 pm

Shine, May I remind you that double/triple posting is Not tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine69 January 18th 2009, 10:28 am

Since 24 hours has now elapsed, can anyone help with my initial enquiry?
Shine69

Back to top Go down