The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animated .gif as buttons?

2 posters

Go down

Animated .gif as buttons? Empty Animated .gif as buttons?

Post by Shnitzel April 6th 2007, 2:13 pm

Hi,
I've recently opened a forum (which is currently down >.<).
And yesterday (before it went down), I tried to change the logos and buttons of the forum.
I chose the Onyx style, and I saw that the picture of "Who Is Online" is an animated .gif picture.
I rushed to make an animated .gif for the each of the menu buttons (Index, FAQ, Log in, Log out...).
I uploaded the animated .gif s succesfully, but, when I checked the changes on my forum, I saw that the new pictures are un-animated, they were transformed into .jpg files. I tried to upload the animated .gif s to an image host, and used the URL instead of uploading a file to the forum. Still, no success, the file became into a .jpg file...
Why is the "Who Is Online" picture can be in .gif, and the rest of the pictures must be in .jpg???
Help?
Thanks in Advance...
Shnitzel
Shnitzel
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

http://www.taxfree.iowoi.org

Back to top Go down

Animated .gif as buttons? Empty Re: Animated .gif as buttons?

Post by The Godfather April 6th 2007, 2:27 pm

Hello and welcome to Editboard FOF. Hello

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers befor opning a subject:

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequently Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of Editboard.com

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this!

for your question, to change the logos and buttons of the forum you ha to found animated gifs and put the url on admin panel>>styl admin>>genera/explor. there is no transformation from gif to jpg!!!! if your original image is an animated gif, it will apear on your menu as an animated image!! i tryed it and it works so the problem come from your gifs Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Animated .gif as buttons? Empty Re: Animated .gif as buttons?

Post by Shnitzel April 6th 2007, 2:50 pm

for your question, to change the logos and buttons of the forum you ha to found animated gifs and put the url on admin panel>>styl admin>>genera/explor. there is no transformation from gif to jpg!!!! if your original image is an animated gif, it will apear on your menu as an animated image!! i tryed it and it works so the problem come from your gifs Wink
Thank you.
However, it does change my .gifs to .jpg.
I've checked it a couple of time.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img117/5867/14881497150414911511150da0.gif
The file is alright (a little ugly, but im working on it Razz)
It was transformed into .jpg on the forum, the blue ray thingy didn't move... it was un-animated.
Shnitzel
Shnitzel
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

http://www.taxfree.iowoi.org

Back to top Go down