The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleting my own Admin profile

3 posters

Go down

Solved Deleting my own Admin profile

Post by zygote February 11th 2009, 3:10 am

Hi there. I have done a search for an answer but couldn't find anything that quite fit.
I've been assisting as co-admin on a site. I've just been doing the tech stuff not actually running the place. Yesterday I witnessed some really bad behaviour in the forum chat involving the other admin and the moderators ganging up on a member. I sent a PM to the other admin expressing my disgust and telling him that I quit. I then tried to delete myself and nothing happened. I searched through the admin panel and still nothing.
While I was doing this I recieved multiple PMs from the admin and mods in question apologising, assuring me that it would not happen again and generally pleading for me to stay. Hey, I have my uses. I agreed on strict condition that there was never a repeat of that behaviour but, just in case they stuff up again - I'd really like to know how to go about deleting myself. I know that the other admin won;t delete me. I really don't want to be associated with such behaviour as I hold prominent positions in other forums, one in particular is one of the largest on the net.
Anyway thanks for taking the time to read that saga and I hope somebody can help
zygote

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Deleting my own Admin profile

Post by magicm00n February 11th 2009, 3:17 am

Go to Usergroups>> Search Users>> Find and click your username, Then scroll to the bottom and you will see 'delete this user?'. Check the box and click save. Hope this helps.
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Post by zygote February 11th 2009, 4:08 am

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'll bookmark this should they let me down again...
zygote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 11th 2009, 5:12 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down