The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars

4 posters

Go down

Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars Empty Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars

Post by LH Justin February 19th 2009, 1:59 am

Is there any way to make it so that the members can not upload their own avatars and have to choose one from the avatar gallery?
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars Empty Re: Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars

Post by MrMario February 19th 2009, 2:57 am

No Option for this.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars Empty Re: Stopping Members from Uploading Their Own Avatars

Post by jackster35 February 19th 2009, 3:17 am

Yes there is a option its somewere i cant find it my self lol i think its under users and groups

~Jackster35
jackster35
jackster35

Male Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 19th 2009, 3:19 am

You can disable the Gallery but can't disable the upload avatar feature to make it so that you have to use the Gallery.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 19th 2009, 5:35 am

MrMario is right, there is no way to do this. Users always have the option of uploading their own avatars.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 6:40 am

In phpBB3, you could add this to your CSS:

Code:
img[src*="users/xx/xx/xx/avatars"] {display: none ! important;}
and it will blank out any avatar uploaded to your board. Replace the xx/xx/xx with the numbers appropriate for your board. Right-click an uploaded avatar on your board to get the URL of the image, and you'll find the numbers.

You could then tell your members that uploaded avatars have been disabled, and they will need to link to an avatar from another site.

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin February 19th 2009, 12:48 pm

MrMario wrote:No Option for this.
Okay, thanks.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin February 19th 2009, 12:50 pm

Sanket wrote:MrMario is right, there is no way to do this. Users always have the option of uploading their own avatars.
Okay, thanks.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin February 19th 2009, 12:51 pm

werefree wrote:In phpBB3, you could add this to your CSS:

Code:
img[src*="users/xx/xx/xx/avatars"] {display: none ! important;}
and it will blank out any avatar uploaded to your board. Replace the xx/xx/xx with the numbers appropriate for your board. Right-click an uploaded avatar on your board to get the URL of the image, and you'll find the numbers.

You could then tell your members that uploaded avatars have been disabled, and they will need to link to an avatar from another site.
What exactly would go in place of the xx/xx/xx?
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 19th 2009, 5:50 pm

I guess my instructions weren't specific enough. Go to a post in your forum where you know the member's avatar has been uploaded. Right-click on the avatar to view the image. The URL of the image will contain something of the type:

users/xx/xx/xx/avatars

For example, if you right-click your avatar in this forum and view it, the URL contains:

users/19/22/63/avatars

What you need are the numbers for your forum. I hope this is clearer.

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin February 19th 2009, 10:01 pm

werefree wrote:I guess my instructions weren't specific enough. Go to a post in your forum where you know the member's avatar has been uploaded. Right-click on the avatar to view the image. The URL of the image will contain something of the type:

users/xx/xx/xx/avatars

For example, if you right-click your avatar in this forum and view it, the URL contains:

users/19/22/63/avatars

What you need are the numbers for your forum. I hope this is clearer.
No, I'm still not sure what you mean.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down