The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating a Theme?

3 posters

Go down

Creating a Theme? Empty Creating a Theme?

Post by TrainH. February 23rd 2009, 2:35 am

Since I have no idea how to make one, how do you? I have a HitSkin account too, so any help would be appreciated.

Not like edit one, make my own from scratch and such.
TrainH.

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Creating a Theme? Empty Re: Creating a Theme?

Post by Jalokim February 23rd 2009, 12:10 pm

You do realize that if you want to create a theme from scratch , its pretty important to know the basics of CSS.

To create a theme all you do is log in as admin ... go to your display-> colors panel

there, for less experianced members you can change the colors of your forum... you can change background colors and a whole load more. To further beautify your forum, you use the picture management panel and upload images : like banners, nav bars and more.

If you know CSS. then you can choose the css tab on the colors menu. The CSS will overwrite anything you did in the basic colors menu. But using CSS you can do a whole lot more. But you need to know CSS to move it.

To create new images you need to have software.
free software icludes:
Gimp
paint.net
More refined graphics software includes:
Adobe Photoshop
Corel Draw
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by TianHua February 23rd 2009, 2:15 pm

So in other words, to create a theme, we have to edit the existing one, and then export it?
TianHua
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 23rd 2009, 3:57 pm

TianHua wrote:So in other words, to create a theme, we have to edit the existing one, and then export it?

I am a designer and I have created a few themes for forumotion. I always create a new theme off the old one.
Even though I would be able to do the entire thing via css, without visiting the site... I still do themes by just editing the old one.
But by edit ...I mean create a totally new theme.
Take a look at my test forum... its in my profile --->
thats what can be done ... all building from an old theme.

Afterwards you can export it... or if you want others to use it then you can upload the the to hitskin.com
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down