The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An e-mail I received

5 posters

Go down

An e-mail I received Empty An e-mail I received

Post by LennyH February 27th 2009, 11:49 pm

Hello
I complained about a forum (justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz) in December last year, as it was just full of insults towards people who werent of the same opinion as Rosiepops, and received this mail.

Hello

I apologize for not being in contact sooner, I have looked into this site and i was disgusted with the level of ignorance and disrespect that was shown on the site.
I believe they have until Monday 8th December to comply and remove ALL their content other wise the forum will be deleted completely

I will check up on that forum as soon as i can to make sure they are following my instructions, Thank you for this information and thank you for keeping an eye on our community Smile

Yours Sincerely

Craig
Forumotion Staff

Then I received this mail:

From what i understand we can now forcibly close this forum,

This may take a couple of days to process completely,

Regards

Craig

At this point the insults were still up. People were being called f*ckwits and tw*ts (I sent 2 A4 pages of examples to Forumotion), so my question is, I wasnt given any more answers via email, why the place was left up.

Thanks for your reply.

They have moved all their nastiness to a blogspot blog and their last thread has 700 insults towards people who dont agree with them, so you can imagine what the forum was like. They really are the nastiest bunch of creatures.

Last edited by LennyH on February 28th 2009, 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
LennyH

Language : English, Spanish, French

Back to top Go down

An e-mail I received Empty Re: An e-mail I received

Post by Tarogasini February 28th 2009, 12:12 am

Are you sure you arent just being sensitive ? Words arent as sharp as blade, they cant kill people...

So what if they insult people who dont agree with them ? Everyone has their own opinion. If they want to live & die in fail, so they shall, leave them.

Its internet, who cares what people post on their own forums... Look on this from my view : let them post ANYTHING on the net. But if they say anything at all at YOUR face, in real life... hit THEM in the face. But not with words Razz
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by CANADIEN February 28th 2009, 1:48 am

I have to agree with Tarogasini. If that is what the staff want on their forums, they can have it. Swearing is very common on many boards I go on, at least boards directed at an older audience do.

Does it really affect you?
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by LennyH February 28th 2009, 5:53 am

The fact that Placehold reacted the way he did (and he sees many many fora) should tell you what it was like there. It was libellous and disgusting. People were being accused of doing things you cant believe.So now its not just swearing and I wasnt being just sensitive. I think if that had been the case the mails from Placehold would have been very different dont you?
LennyH

Language : English, Spanish, French

Back to top Go down

Post by Malk February 28th 2009, 3:00 pm

I know this forum. It has cleaned up its act now. I was wondering why. Now I know. It used to be absolutely disgusting. It certainly wasn't the odd swearword, it was foul, libellous and incredibly nasty. Spiteful lot of people there.
Malk

Language : Portuguese

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 1st 2009, 12:12 am

I still dont agree, lol. I am master of insults. Nothing those people say can offend me. Its just words... learn to deal with words, so when you insult back, they cut like blades...

Nonetheless, if the site is such a problem, Placehold might do anything now.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 1st 2009, 12:29 am

Issues such as these are supposed to be done by P.M to Typlo
=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem