The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member Password Issues - Please help

2 posters

Go down

Member Password Issues - Please help Empty Member Password Issues - Please help

Post by hotmama March 8th 2009, 9:19 am

Right, so I must suck at this whole forum thing. I have a member, who has forgotten her password, eyt when she clicks on the 'i forgot my password' link when logging in, it says 'sorry admin doesn't allow this' or something to that effect.

Can someone help me fix this please?
hotmama

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Member Password Issues - Please help Empty Re: Member Password Issues - Please help

Post by Guest March 8th 2009, 9:39 am

Hello hotmama,
Maybe you could just reset it for her? Go to the admin cp > user and groups > find user > Reset there password

Has this helped?

Back to top Go down

Member Password Issues - Please help Empty Re: Member Password Issues - Please help

Post by hotmama March 8th 2009, 9:50 am

i did that but it still wouldn't let her. She is now wondering if she is still logged in on her hubby's laptop and whether this would make a difference?
hotmama

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 8th 2009, 9:55 am

It might, I'm not completely sure. Find this out for me, and reply again when you have a little more info thumleft

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic March 8th 2009, 10:50 am

hotmama wrote:i did that but it still wouldn't let her. She is now wondering if she is still logged in on her hubby's laptop and whether this would make a difference?

This would make no difference at all. I sign in to my site on my laptop and leave my account 'logged in' it does not stop me accessing my forum from the pc.

Go to your admin panel and change her password as pogo suggested, send the password in an email to her, once she logs in she can change the password back. Tell her to make sure she hasn't got caps lock on or something like that, also to check her username is being typed correctly
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down