The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change language+language bugs

3 posters

Go down

change language+language bugs Empty change language+language bugs

Post by Shnitzel April 18th 2007, 20:28

Hi,
I'm running my forum in Hebrew language.
Hebrew is written from right to left, this causes some bugs... for example, when a user registers to the forum, in the gender part, he ticks the male option, but because hebrew is from right to left, the words change place, so that Unknown is Male, Male is Female, Female is Unknown. Can I fix that?
Also, many parts of the forum aren't translated from English to Hebrew, this causes some (minor, but still..) difficulties for users who don't control the English language very weel, to navigate around the forum... Can I somehow translate my self those words?
Shnitzel
Shnitzel
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

http://www.taxfree.iowoi.org

Back to top Go down

change language+language bugs Empty Re: change language+language bugs

Post by The Godfather April 19th 2007, 12:39

hello,

Unfortunately Hebrew is not the only language which encounters this problem! it's the case off all the languages which are written from right to the left. We work to improve this service. unfortunately you can't do anything!
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

change language+language bugs Empty Re: change language+language bugs

Post by Cornelia April 20th 2007, 05:30

And about the English issue, this can be corrected only if we find translators.

Up to now, the translations are done from French, so most of our translators speak French. But we are working on it so we can be able to accept translators who speak English.

The fact is that even if the technicians import language files from phpbb.com, there are mods on Editboard which are homemade, so translators are needed...
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down