The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING!

2 posters

Go down

Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING! Empty Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING!

Post by JON_TETSUO March 14th 2009, 4:05 pm

Here is my forum (please don't be offended): http://straightouttanewsome.forumotion.com/forum.htm

In the Admin page the background shows fine, but the actual forum just shows a grey background.

Massive cheers in advance, appreciate the help.

JT
JON_TETSUO

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING! Empty Re: Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING!

Post by Guest March 14th 2009, 4:18 pm

Not sure if you have done this already, if you have saved your background image to photobucket. If not do so first, regular website some of them won't stay stable until you have saved it.
Have you tried clicking on fixed background? The other thing might try refreshing your cookies and browser, maybe it's still showing as old and in reality the new background is their.
One other thing you might try once going into colors and get ride of the color background and save then reload your background once you know it is set into place go back into background colors and re-add. Sounds confusing simple process

Yes, I too have found forumotion has many glitches, suggest re-save and save again.

hope this helps if not good luck

Back to top Go down

Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING! Empty Re: Please help - can't change background - tried EVERYTHING!

Post by JON_TETSUO March 14th 2009, 4:22 pm

vivalacrimescene wrote:Not sure if you have done this already, if you have saved your background image to photobucket. If not do so first, regular website some of them won't stay stable until you have saved it.
Have you tried clicking on fixed background? The other thing might try refreshing your cookies and browser, maybe it's still showing as old and in reality the new background is their.
One other thing you might try once going into colors and get ride of the color background and save then reload your background once you know it is set into place go back into background colors and re-add. Sounds confusing simple process

Yes, I too have found forumotion has many glitches, suggest re-save and save again.

hope this helps if not good luck
Thank you for the quick response Viva.
Problem is still there. Can you see any background on my site?

How do i set the background to transparent (assuming it is set to dull grey)?

Thanks again,

JT
JON_TETSUO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 14th 2009, 4:29 pm

Go into admin click on Displays scroll down to colors click this on and you will see as you scroll down back ground color write in transparent or if you leave blank

do it here Background Colors

Background Color :
color selector

Body line background color :
color selector

Table Row Color 1 :
color selector

Table Row Color 2 and highlight :
color selector

Table Row Color 3 and separation :
color selector

Buttons, Code and Quote color :
color selector

Drop-down menu, form fields and header border color :
color selector

click save hope this helps try saving several times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 14th 2009, 4:32 pm

oops I bad suppose to type think code is trans for no color or leave blank

good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by JON_TETSUO March 14th 2009, 4:36 pm

Still no luck. Does a background show when you look at my site?

I am happy to PM you my login details if you would like to take a look?

JT
JON_TETSUO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 14th 2009, 5:23 pm

No I can't sorry, you might try starting all over again with a set skin that has a transparent background.

just a thought

Back to top Go down

Post by JON_TETSUO March 15th 2009, 2:57 am

halp!!
JON_TETSUO

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidlynx March 15th 2009, 11:15 pm

ha ha ha nice header lol
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118
Language : English

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down