The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go?

+3
Kellycakes
MPants
battlebots
7 posters

Go down

My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go? Empty My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go?

Post by battlebots March 17th 2009, 3:14 pm

My forum has been working great since I created it a few days ago. All my forums are neatly organized in four main categories, and nicely separated. However, when I logged on this morning, all my category separator bars were gone. The administration panel shows them as all being there, and I can jump to the categories from each thread with the "jump to forum" box... they just aren't there on my homepage.

where did they go? It was fine last night!

My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go? Biglis10

My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go? Catego10
battlebots

Language : English

Back to top Go down

My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go? Empty Re: My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go?

Post by MPants March 17th 2009, 3:24 pm

I'm having the same problem. I tried resynchronizing the forum, to no avail. :/
MPants
Forumember

Back to top Go down

My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go? Empty Re: My category dividers disappeared. where'd they go?

Post by Kellycakes March 17th 2009, 3:25 pm

I'm having a similar problem, hopefully Forumotion will look into this.
Kellycakes
Kellycakes
Forumember

Female Posts : 35

http://scribbles.forumotions.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MPants March 17th 2009, 3:29 pm

I just found some information here:

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/only-topic-issues-with-the-new-update-please-read-first-post-t38743.htm

But now my headers are all completely different than they were. :/
MPants
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 17th 2009, 5:00 pm

Regarding the categories issue, you can retrieve them by going here :
Admin panel > Display > structure and hierarchy > Split categories on index > medium
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by MPants March 17th 2009, 5:05 pm

MrMario wrote:
Regarding the categories issue, you can retrieve them by going here :
Admin panel > Display > structure and hierarchy > Split categories on index > medium

This isn't exactly solving the problem some of us are having. Only half of the options on the structures and hierarchy page are working. I want to be able to use the first row of options ("Keep categories on index") and they don't seem to be working.
MPants
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by gilbertgea March 17th 2009, 5:15 pm

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but I dont think so.

I looked at:
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance-t3313.htm?highlight=categories

And I've done everything in accordance with the instructions, but my category dividers disappeared. I am using the setting "Keep categories on index (medium)" and it doesnt work. Using "Split categories on index" doesnt answer the mail: it's not the look I prefer and doesnt solve the problem with the lack of categories displayed under the "Keep categories on index" options.
gilbertgea
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MPants March 17th 2009, 5:17 pm

gilbertgea wrote:I'm having the same problem. I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but I dont think so.

I looked at:
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance-t3313.htm?highlight=categories

And I've done everything in accordance with the instructions, but my category dividers disappeared. I am using the setting "Keep categories on index (medium)" and it doesnt work. Using "Split categories on index" doesnt answer the mail: it's not the look I prefer and doesnt solve the problem with the lack of categories displayed under the "Keep categories on index" options.

Thank you. I am "glad" someone else is having this issue. Smile
MPants
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by battlebots March 17th 2009, 5:37 pm

me too. :]
battlebots

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun March 17th 2009, 5:40 pm

Exactly same problem, custom dividers gone away.

Seems an issue about final update, hope techs do something about it.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Language : English, Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link March 18th 2009, 6:08 am

I have the same problem- I changed it to none- which worked, then back to medium- and it doesn't work. Hope this gets fixed.... Soon...
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down