The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

+142
Spuds Mum
Lizzard
TT_05_Stang
testerone
Clan_MLW
Interlink
trimspa
Goku
fiza
my4madmin
dxb4616
dashey
Bling
Dello
Nina
Sophieen
Angelic
Andrea_mne
xaphania
minal
ifswm
Cano_uk
johnod
neukrotiva
sheree
Vibhor
forumarab
Richardr
Redsun
anthonym05
LinDsaY__
Mistress Jezzabel
vvw
shotta
Cyber Dome Prez
Made
loren
wi7chy
sameer
T__________T
Itazuk
MrMario
HelperT
RAZAK913
ronald
Ompet
geri1994
Coco
the killer anna
alxz310
Home_Depot
iceangel
BB_Brona
endless013
musket
t2008y
Stoke
kjmj14
Lee Tamotsu
AutoVidin
CJ
Bad Wolf
noob256
Forgotten
timsmrs1
Lizzie
Sky
eagle8x
Brad38
Mariko21
skouliki
preston713
taropower
hurricane_drake
Miko_Angel
SpiritWind
rasskul
Blofeld
croscorpion
wednesday
kylesmummy06
wow99
Wolf-Spirit
geosep
Misery_Kitty
David2
Aftermath
Tashnz
rapidlynx
mostlycichlids
Lady Orihime
bob8972
DarkDemon
HBX210
Brandon
fisherboy7
Donut
xxxVIPERxxx
Franchise
Ape
blang1
Schockwave
Carryn
tieucongchua124
asif4gls
Mae
Cb Hr
AdminBesede
Jade Undone
GreatMazinga
Ryuku
ZX
Soggy
fkn0wned
Tammer
Dezza
akashic
JulieG
kreativeflow
smilie fan
ClaraZ25
scristib
Huma
KingOfSports
commando
MummyM
Moldienut
EMO
tonyv
incredible_fear
Don_FixYBoys*
Doctor Inferno
billy_d_kidd
seraphim
w1ngs0fate
pat123456
MPants
LUDAKLUDI
spiritcharms
magicm00n
Shadow
146 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Empty [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by Shadow March 19th 2009, 2:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dear Forumotion members,

Corrections are underway and our technicians are doing their best to fix your issues.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
-----------------------------------

To make it clear, and to list the last bugs, your messages should only contain :

Arrow Your forum address,
Arrow The browser you use,
Arrow Your forum version.
Arrow A clear description of your issue (with a screenshot if possible).

If you see that the issue has already been posted, please do not post it again!

-----------------------------------

I might not be able to answer all posts, but be sure that all your issues are forwarded to techs.
I'll give you a regular updates on the fixes that have been made Wink

Last edited by Typlo on March 19th 2009, 3:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by LUDAKLUDI March 27th 2009, 10:32 pm

everything works fine now .... we just need now "10 last visitors" option under friends Razz

gj gj gj :wouhou: :wouhou: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 37718610 [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 37718610 [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 37718610

Last edited by LUDAKLUDI on March 28th 2009, 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
LUDAKLUDI
LUDAKLUDI
Forumember

Male Posts : 280
Language : English,Serbian

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Empty Please could someone advise about this? Members List columns

Post by Guest March 27th 2009, 10:59 pm

Quoting below a copy of my post on this thread a couple of days ago. Would be better if we could have separate topics please for the different issues - I think some queries are not being picked up on here being 11 pages long now. Please could someone advise me about the following - I'd like to have the "locations" column back on my members list and not the "loisirs" column, which is pretty useless, as no-one ever bothers completing that section in their profiles. Grateful if a moderator or technician could please tell me how to correct it. Thanks, Cas thumright

Cas wrote:Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I can't find anything else mentioned anywhere about this............
Since the upgrades, my "Members List" no longer displays members location column. Instead there is the column "loisirs" which I suppose is French for "hobbies". Is there a way I can change it back to displaying the location column, which is what I want back, and not have the "loisirs" column please? If not, how can I change "loisirs" into English? Everything else seems OK, though I haven't tried all the new features yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Cas

PS - came back to add my forum address - http://www.smithchat.com
Sorry forgot,
Schockwave wrote:Loisir is French for leisure. Mine has humor. Are all the other columns in French?
Cas wrote:Hello Hi Shockwave,

No the other columns are all in English.......
Avatar / Username / Loisirs / Registration date / Last visit /
Number of posts / PM / Site Web

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by wi7chy March 27th 2009, 11:27 pm

after today's update all fonts in my forum are in bold. what can i do to change that?
wi7chy
wi7chy
Forumember

Female Posts : 35
Language : Slovene, English, German

http://www.oxford-rpg.net

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Empty Log-in Pop-up refuses to be resized.

Post by Guest March 27th 2009, 11:34 pm

Have another problem.

Want to use the new Login pop-up, but its too big.Want to resize it. Its currently set at 350 px width x 250 px height - so much too high. I've tried several times during last couple of days to change it to a smaller size - but everytime I click "save", it goes back to the size mentioned above confused Can't use it until I can fix it. Please can you help.

Cas

Back to top Go down

Post by LUDAKLUDI March 28th 2009, 1:38 am

LUDAKLUDI wrote:everything works fine now .... we just need now "10 last visitors" option under friends Razz

gj gj gj :wouhou: :wouhou: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 37718610 [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 37718610 [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 37718610

except this ....

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Untitl11

try to change birthday....see for your self .... dont work here and on my forum too
LUDAKLUDI
LUDAKLUDI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr March 28th 2009, 3:06 am

Above the 'statistics' widget has appeared the following:

< class="" height="25">

The widget's heading bar has disappeared, so the text "statistics" is on a barren background. This problem started with the recent update.

Someone else posted about this problem but their thread was locked before resolution.

How can we fix this? We are on phpbb2 and both Firefox and Explorer are afflicted.

Thanks.
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno March 28th 2009, 6:38 am

http://www.geekpolice.net

When I try to edit my profile it states:

Sorry, this site does not accept user older than 99 years old

phpbb3 -- firefox
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 March 28th 2009, 6:53 am

Doctor Inferno wrote:http://www.geekpolice.net

When I try to edit my profile it states:

Sorry, this site does not accept user older than 99 years old

phpbb3 -- firefox

Seems like you have to go into your profile the "new" way now to change it. You can either click on your name from the memberlist or when you click profile from the navigation, you then have to click "see my profile" and then make any modifications that way.

The only thing it seems we can't change but should be able to is "website" in our profiles.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyM March 28th 2009, 7:40 am

MummyM wrote:
MummyM wrote:Trying again for the 4th time

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.parents-are-us.com
phpBB II
Internet explorer

< class="" height="25"> shows where tites should be on home page and portal

Thank you

Have been trying to screen print to show you the problem, but it wont let me.
Please some-one help!

Please help??

Can some-one please at least acknowledge my posts??
My site looks awful and its nearly 2 weeks now and no-one has even bothered to quote this and say what to do or am looking into it
MummyM
MummyM
Forumember

Female Posts : 54
Language : English

http://www.parents-are-us.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 March 28th 2009, 8:06 am

MummyM wrote:

My site looks awful and its nearly 2 weeks now and no-one has even bothered to quote this and say what to do or am looking into it

Hello,

I am certainly not an expert here and I have an unresolved issue on my forum with my skin as well. However, it looks like it's some kind of conflict with your CSS. Where did you get the skin for your forum from? Have you always used this skin? What you may want to try is using a temporary theme to see if this goes away. Perhaps you could also reinstall this skin/theme again. Do you have anything in your CSS?

Maybe you could write to or contact the person who created this skin as well.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LUDAKLUDI March 28th 2009, 3:12 pm

LUDAKLUDI wrote:
LUDAKLUDI wrote:everything works fine now .... we just need now "10 last visitors" option under friends Razz

except this ....

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Untitl11

try to change birthday....see for your self .... dont work here and on my forum too

and this...

why E-mail is not in "Contact fields" ?????????????
LUDAKLUDI
LUDAKLUDI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyM March 28th 2009, 3:57 pm

Hi
Not sure if to do with the changes as only happened today.
When trying to change things in the profile it says this site does not accept users over 99 years of age, even though the date of births are correct!
Any ideas?

Thank you
Mary
MummyM
MummyM
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyM March 28th 2009, 4:17 pm

Brad38 wrote:
MummyM wrote:

Hello,

I am certainly not an expert here and I have an unresolved issue on my forum with my skin as well. However, it looks like it's some kind of conflict with your CSS. Where did you get the skin for your forum from? Have you always used this skin? What you may want to try is using a temporary theme to see if this goes away. Perhaps you could also reinstall this skin/theme again. Do you have anything in your CSS?

Maybe you could write to or contact the person who created this skin as well.

Thank you so much Brad, I changed the skin and it worked! We've all decided we like the new one better to! Thank you again, xxx
MummyM
MummyM
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by wi7chy March 28th 2009, 4:43 pm

wi7chy wrote:
wi7chy wrote:forum address: http://oxford.lightbb.com/index.htm
browser: mozilla
forum version: invision
description of issue:
when a user save a post as a draft, this is what happens >>
http://www.shrani.si/f/1a/G/3soH456T/untitled.jpg

a draft is pushed to the very right of the page, so you can't publish, moderate or even delate it!

now i removed favourites and friends and foes and it's little better, but i still cannot manage drafts.!

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Untitled

help, please.
wi7chy
wi7chy
Forumember

Female Posts : 35
Language : Slovene, English, German

http://www.oxford-rpg.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 March 28th 2009, 4:54 pm

I didn't have too many problems with the update, I noticed the number of members had gone back to normal. The humour is still there in members list instead of location but now something new has happened only yesterday.

The year as part of birthday is no longer working and as I had that as an obligatory field for registering people could no longer register. So I suppose you're working on that?
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 March 28th 2009, 5:01 pm

MummyM wrote:

Thank you so much Brad, I changed the skin and it worked! We've all decided we like the new one better to! Thank you again, xxx

Hi MummyM,

No problem, glad you got it sorted out, even if you had to change your skin. At least you all like the new one better anyway. Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 28th 2009, 6:30 pm

Hi i have found yet more bugs in the site can you plz tell me how to get this fixed ?

1st I have been told by some of the users that they can't edit there profiles info it comes up with this (See screen shot) i have tested this and there right it is not working and no one is older than 100 years old lol

2nd Some users can not see the Avatar settings i have been on my tech/test name and this is right its no there (See screen shot)

Yet when i log on to my own account its there and working fine
scratch

3rd I have set some new buttons in my site and i have found that the up button is working but the down one is not working,
I have removed them and added the ones that come with the skin but still nothing ,
I have also reset the skin and nothing see (Screen shot for more info)
Spoiler:

can you get this fixed please Tech's ?

EDIT : Still looseing Friends on the list HMM
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19182
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 March 28th 2009, 7:04 pm

ape man wrote:

1st I have been told by some of the users that they can't edit there profiles info it comes up with this (See screen shot) i have tested this and there right it is not working and no one is older than 100 years old lol

This problem can be addressed by going to your Memberlist, clicking on your name in the list which will take you directly to your new profile page. From there, when you hover your mouse over any field that can be edited, 2 arrows will show up. Click the arrows, edit the field accordingly and then click the little "green check mark" to validate the changes. Smile

Last edited by Brad38 on March 28th 2009, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave March 28th 2009, 7:33 pm

Well, I still have the problem of not being able to add my Yahoo username, it does not save it, the same goes with adding friends, have just changed the skin, had to do it twice, as the first one did not work so well, will see how this goes, it is one that Caihlem made.
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Language : English, German, French

http://schockwave.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Empty REGISTRATION NEW MEMBER FAILED

Post by forumarab March 28th 2009, 8:35 pm

1. http://forumarab.hot-me.com
2. Browser: FIREFOX
3. Problem on "every registration for a new member, forum said (SORRY, THE SITE DOES NOT ACCEPT USER OLDER THAN 12 YEARS OLD" before for new member registration is normally. i don't know, what it's problem..

pls 4 best solution 4 my forum. Thq b4 bro..

4. this screen shot in 3 steps:
[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Forump10
forumarab
forumarab

Male Posts : 6
Language : Indonesia

http://www.forumarab.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 March 28th 2009, 8:40 pm

I also have a problem with the birthdays. At the moment I have set the birthday to 'no' for obligatory when registering to become a member. It's in users and groups -> profiles. Modify 'birthday' to obligatory: NO.

Hope this helps.

Once it's running ok again you can turn it back.
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon March 28th 2009, 8:45 pm

Profile is still cut off
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 March 28th 2009, 9:07 pm

http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com
Firefox
phpbb3
I lost all my friends, it's getting really annoying. I used to be friends with every member on my forum...now i'm not friends with anyone. Like even for my staff, on their profiles they're friends with me, but not on my profile.
:| I liked it better when you could add them right away. At least send the person you wanna invite an automatic PM notifing they wanna add you.
bob8972
bob8972
Forumember

Male Posts : 460

http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by forumarab March 28th 2009, 9:18 pm

wow99 wrote:I also have a problem with the birthdays. At the moment I have set the birthday to 'no' for obligatory when registering to become a member. It's in users and groups -> profiles. Modify 'birthday' to obligatory: NO.

Hope this helps.

Once it's running ok again you can turn it back.

SOLVED THQ 4 UR SOLUTION BRO.. :wouhou:
forumarab
forumarab

Male Posts : 6
Language : Indonesia

http://www.forumarab.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 March 28th 2009, 10:00 pm

Ok, don't know if this has been mentioned before but you can't add a new addition to personalized profiles that contain an image.

If you try to add a flag for example or any other image from a selection of images in the personalized profiles, there is no [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Add11 to make additions. Sad
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyM March 29th 2009, 7:47 am

Brad38 wrote:
ape man wrote:

This problem can be addressed by going to your Memberlist, clicking on your name in the list which will take you directly to your new profile page. From there, when you hover your mouse over any field that can be edited, 2 arrows will show up. Click the arrows, edit the field accordingly and then click the little "green check mark" to validate the changes. Smile

Hi

I've tried this and cant get it to work
x
MummyM
MummyM
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibhor March 29th 2009, 8:45 am

Forum URL - www.theautomotiveindiaforums.com

Browser - Any browser, IE,Firefox,google chrome.

Version - Invision

Problem - The profile info on posts sometimes overlaps the text on post and gets back to its place only when we click on profile name.
Vibhor
Vibhor
Forumember

Male Posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Post by sheree March 29th 2009, 9:54 am

I dont think the friend/foe mangement has bee nfixed properly as we are still having problems.
I have asked people to be my friend, they accept but it dosnt add them to my list and vise versa.
Is there anyway friends can be automaically added?? members are starting to get really cheesed off with the friends list and this is happening and they are still losing friends after a couple of days
cheers
sheree
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun March 29th 2009, 11:18 am

[quote="Redsun"]

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 11 Bugc
[quote]

Typlo after latest express update, contact fields like msn, aim, web, skype etc. turn to "no" for members edit, on profil section. We can't change them so members can't edit their contact choices, only editable for admins.

This is a bug? Or how can we change it to make members choose or edit their contact fields on their profiles?
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Language : English, Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariko21 March 29th 2009, 12:32 pm

Over 10 days ago I reported in the old topic that my chinese zodiac is messed up. It shows the sign from the year previous to one's birth. Please do something. It's been too long.
Mariko21
Mariko21
Forumember

Female Posts : 94
Language : romanian

http://www.zooz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next