The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redirecting(forwarding)

3 posters

Go down

Redirecting(forwarding) Empty Redirecting(forwarding)

Post by Psychon@ut March 21st 2009, 4:28 pm

Hi, I changed my forum address. Is it now possible to redirect users who type my old address to this new address? I know there is an option to use mass email to tell your users for new forum address, but it would be good to have some option of redirecting old address to new one, for example first 2 weeks.

edit:
Under admin/general/forum address I dont have option mentioned here force redirection to yes?
Psychon@ut
Psychon@ut
Forumember

Male Posts : 26
Language : Serbian/English

http://medicina.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Redirecting(forwarding) Empty Re: Redirecting(forwarding)

Post by MrMega March 21st 2009, 4:30 pm

I don't really understand your question... a link would help. But here's a tip: change your forum address to the old one you had and now tell all the members about the changing of it. Give them lots of time to prepare and once everyone's prepared, change it to the one you wanted! Wink
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar March 21st 2009, 4:32 pm

You could make a forum with the same address as before, then link it to your new forum address
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychon@ut March 21st 2009, 4:59 pm

I already sent mass e-mail to my members announcing that I will change address(7 days berfore). But google and yahoo are still linking to my old address.When someone searches my forum on search engines it leads potential users on my old address, so I think it would be good to have some "redirecting" option for couple of days.
You could make a forum with the same address as before, then link it to your new forum address
Does it mean I can make another forum and add some sort of script that will ask visitors to go on my new address?
Psychon@ut
Psychon@ut
Forumember

Male Posts : 26
Language : Serbian/English

http://medicina.forum.st

Back to top Go down