The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dice roll

4 posters

Go down

dice roll Empty dice roll

Post by CoRE_-D4M4G3D March 29th 2009, 4:58 am

what is the point of letting people roll the dice, and what would be a pentalty for rolling it to many times, because i find the dice pointless.
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
Forumember

Language : cardett1177

Back to top Go down

dice roll Empty Re: dice roll

Post by Guest March 29th 2009, 4:47 pm

When you create a post or a reply there should be an option there for you to select what dice and how many rolls

Please refer to the following for further information Smile

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/the-rpg-feature-t3347.htm#18932

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by CoRE_-D4M4G3D March 29th 2009, 5:39 pm

yes i know how to do it all but what is the point of it, why would somebody want a dice roll.
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 29th 2009, 5:49 pm

well this goes hand in hand with the character sheet which all in all creates the RPG,

If you think of it as a post related board game then it might make a little more sense,

I myself don't use this so probably not doing justice in explaining it however i'll give it a shot

If you select to roll 6 dices when you post and you get a higher score than the previous person then you gain points, This then all reflects onto the character sheets for each user

people who play WoW normally get the hang of these things pretty fast Razz

Hmmmm if that makes sense lmao

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by CoRE_-D4M4G3D March 29th 2009, 6:22 pm

ya i get how you can role it, but what does it have to do with character sheet what gets added on character sheet if you get high score on dice? Also hat would you use character sheet for. I know what you can do but it makes no since in using it
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by countrybelle2004 December 29th 2009, 4:25 am

I also am trying really hard to understand this dice and rpg thing. I find that everything I read tells me how to set it up and how to make changes but nowhere can I find some help in understanding how to play, what the purpose of the points are and so on.
I have to admit this post is the closest I have come to finding some resolution but still not quite enough.
I wish, for those of us not familiar with rpg's, that someone would help us understand all this.
Thanks!
countrybelle2004
countrybelle2004

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

http://myrazzles.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnydjtracker January 12th 2010, 3:58 pm

me too they need a how to play rpg tutorial
jonnydjtracker
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Language : endlish

http://play-by-post.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

dice roll Empty how to rpg

Post by BeyondtheGrave413 March 30th 2010, 11:32 pm

Its not that there is an rpg system already inherent in a forumotion forum, it just gives you the tools to use if you want to use the forum to run a roleplaying game. Long before games like WoW, ppl played rpgs known as "pen and paper" rpgs, in which players used long forgotten tools like imagination, character sheets and dice to act out or, as the name implies, roleplay, a character in a story. Character sheets here let you gather and display all the important information for your character, as defined by the game system being used, and the dice roller allows you to roll dice as an abstract method to interact with an otherwise imaginary world. So unless you are using a forum to play one such RPG the character sheet, dice roller, and the whole rpg module in general, is completely useless.
BeyondtheGrave413

Language : english

Back to top Go down