The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Categories and Forums

4 posters

Go down

Categories and Forums Empty Categories and Forums

Post by rambo April 8th 2009, 11:00 pm

is there a way that i can hide the categories and forums from the home page and put it as a navigation button at the header such like " Home - Forums - Profile - Memberlist - "...etc ?
thanks
rambo
rambo
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Categories and Forums Empty Re: Categories and Forums

Post by Goku April 8th 2009, 11:15 pm

you can hide a forum just change the permissions of the forum that no members can see this only admins can see this but every one can reply to topics and make new topics to do it

go to ACP--->General--->Categories and Forums ---->and modify the permissons of the forum you need to hide by clicking the tick and cross button which is for permissons

and then go to

ACP--->Display---->Headers & Navigation---->And scroll down and after all your navigation links you will see add new button click it and add the link and what ever you are going to name it
Goku
Forumember

Male Posts : 141
Language : English

http://gtau.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by rambo April 9th 2009, 2:48 am

i tried that..i hid all the forums like you said putting them that ppl can still reply and it said this board has no forums and my media player was gone too
isnt there a way to jus make a category and hide all the forums in ?...a category that cant be seen ?
rambo
rambo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 9th 2009, 3:59 pm

Interesting question, however its not possible in my opinion.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 9th 2009, 11:19 pm

Well Forum Makers has a link in the nav bar as an image that will redirect you to our website. so basically this would be the same concept.

you'll place your link leading to the board in the nav bar as an image or word?.
but who is this hidden from.(the forum)thats the hard part?
you would have to allow certain groups to still be able to access the forum and they would still see it on the forum regardless no nav link about it.

Unless you can try this.
have the category and forums with in it permissions set not for members to view. but have it set to ware they can read topics and reply and what ever other permissions you want to set.so when they click your nav link leading to it they should be able to read and reply to what ever topics are in there. but at the same time not ever seeing it on the forum unless the click the nav link... WHA!!!! lol

i dunno man? lol

this might work? not sure never tried it but test it. i dont have time to try to test it now. but i will fiddle with it and it might still be possible.

if not oh well? you tried. and that is interesting if we could get it to work like that.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rambo April 10th 2009, 8:39 am

hey y'all thanks for the ideas i will give them some tries and let yall kno Smile
rambo
rambo
Forumember

Back to top Go down