The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies!

5 posters

Go down

I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies! Empty I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies!

Post by jet1959mo April 10th 2009, 8:22 am

I posted a simple question; Still stumped
There has been many views of my post but, I suppose it doesn't warrant an answer.
I am guessing the questions I asked are viewed as, "He should read." or "He's just a dumb American." Well, everyone is dumb, just some worse than others. lol

1. I have read and understand that I can create my own forum. This is what I want to do but , I am not going to jump (pay) without answers!!!! The guides are good enough but, not made for someone that's never tried this. It is all about cost or should I say less cost? I am looking for immedate answers to get my gaming clan on the web. I am a member in many forums and always get immediate answers within a few hrs, not days. Also, if this, "Forumotion", is such a great deal and has such a large following, why do I see, "Contact an Administrator" and there's no way to do that other than PM, which might or might not get an answer either.

2. I live in the US and don't know the cost of the points in US dollars $ (1600 points = $20 US?)? I want register a new Clan name. (I already have one but, don't want the hassle of transfering it)

3. I read somewhere that if the site is up for one year the second year is free? Yes/No

4. I have read about the credit buying system and still don't understand.
A. I buy credits to register my domain name? Again (1600 points = $20 US?)
B. I buy extra credits that are used for forum additions? Like what?
C. Users buy credits on my forum? for what?

5. "Forumotion is a professional, easy-to-use and, best of all, free forum solution." So why the point system?

6. What is the maximum storage limitation without paying for extra storage? I need storage for my gaming maps.

7. Can the site be totally cusomized? or is it locked to the skins?

Last edited by jet1959mo on April 10th 2009, 8:44 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more text)
jet1959mo
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : english

Back to top Go down

I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies! Empty Re: I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies!

Post by blade168 April 10th 2009, 11:50 am

Try to use it to understand it better, here we try things first , we learn , we explore, forumotion is free. the credits you are talking about is not being forced to anyone you can do with it or with out it. just reading your questions makes me feel tired more so to answer all and explain.

So to sum it up.
Its free, whats holding you back trying?
Discover for yourself.
Learn from your own board.

and maybe youll be just like us, loving and adoring forumotion all the way.

can the site be totally customized? here is my site
blade168
blade168
Forumember

Female Posts : 117
Language : Vb6, Oracle, MySql,SEO, Photoshop,Javascript,PHP,HTMl,Annimation

Back to top Go down

I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies! Empty Re: I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies!

Post by MrMega April 10th 2009, 1:42 pm

Yes, EVERYTHING IS FREE IN FORUMOTION. The point system is free, too. And yes, you can customize your forum, skins or not. the point system is for the members who do good deeds and then you, the founder, can set up a sho and for the members' points, they can buy stuff (IT'S NOT REAL MONEY, IT'S POINTS!) The points are not real money either, just credits, like you win on this forum's contests and the founder uss the redits t make their forum look better like change the domain name with out the dot and the domain.
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by jet1959mo April 10th 2009, 3:01 pm

Thanks for your responses. I am sorry I make you tired reading my post but, I still need an answer about storage and the conversion of € to $.
I don't want a site.forumotion.com, I want a registered www.site.com before I start this project, so my question of,
The cost of the points in US dollars $ (1600 points = $20 US?)?
I want register a new Clan name. (I already have one but, don't want the hassle of transfering it)
jet1959mo
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpoetic April 10th 2009, 3:27 pm

jet . .. You can't just buy 1600 credits. You need to go to into your admin panel > tick Misc > under *Credits Management* > tick Buy Credits.

Choose your method of payment and the amount you want to buy:

I guess my previous post doesn't warrant any replies! Credit10

You do pay for your domain name yearly.

As for storage . . you get (for free) 10 mg, I believe. Check here:

Modules > Portals and Widgets

Hope this helps . . . .
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Language : English

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 10th 2009, 8:19 pm

Do you have anymore queries, because i answered in your other thread.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down