The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfering the forum to another host (solved)

2 posters

Go down

Transfering the forum to another host (solved) Empty Transfering the forum to another host (solved)

Post by proba0 May 8th 2007, 11:15 pm

Dear all,

A good friend of mine is having the forum here with you. She is not so familiar with the technical part of how some things work so she asked me to investigate this issue.
Since she opened the forum here, she did learn much about the digital design and her interests have grown. I gave her the idea to involve a bit more in web design as much as she's interested, so I bought I domain name for her and parked it at my host.
Now, beside the blog and her own personal website, she would also like to re-establish the forum from Editboard if it is possible, as this forum's thematic is about digital design too. Is it possible to get the database dump of her forum, or some other kind of "backup" that can be used for this matter?

I am apologizing if I broke some rule for asking this at all. I searched the support forums, but I couldn't find anything similar to my question, or any post that explicitly forbids the questions about transfers.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Sincerely,
--
Dejan Milojevic
Serbia
proba0

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Transfering the forum to another host (solved) Empty Re: Transfering the forum to another host (solved)

Post by Caihlem May 8th 2007, 11:21 pm

Hi, sorry it's not possible Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Transfering the forum to another host (solved) Empty Re: Transfering the forum to another host (solved)

Post by proba0 May 8th 2007, 11:33 pm

Thank you for a reply.

To bad. Then, the only way to recreate the forum is to retype it letter by letter I gues.

Thank you one more time.

Best regards.
proba0

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down