The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum seems to have reverted back to January

+2
Noob
danib
6 posters

Go down

Forum seems to have reverted back to January Empty Forum seems to have reverted back to January

Post by danib April 23rd 2009, 8:42 pm

Last month our forum administrator left the board and handed all of her information over to another member to become the administrator. Today we entered the board to find that it seems to have reverted to a date of 1/28/09, the new moderator doesn't have admin rights anymore (as was the case on 1/28/09) and all of our posts are showing as new. My post count which is over 20,000 is appearing as just over 14,000, all of our avatars are gone and our signatures have all reverted to what they were in January. What should we do?
danib

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum seems to have reverted back to January Empty Re: Forum seems to have reverted back to January

Post by Noob April 23rd 2009, 8:47 pm

Hmm.
Never heard of such.

Are you still in contact with that Admin who left ?
Then you can ask her for help.

Other than that, I have no idea.

>.<

Sorry I couldn't help.
Noob
Noob
Forumember

Male Posts : 251
Language : English, Graphics.

Back to top Go down

Forum seems to have reverted back to January Empty Re: Forum seems to have reverted back to January

Post by danib April 23rd 2009, 8:48 pm

No we're not in contact with her any longer unfortunately. It's really odd, all of our passwords and everything seem to have gone back to what they were in January but our posts are still there, they're just not registering in our post count.
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by scripttester123 April 23rd 2009, 9:25 pm

I don't know much about it, but I know there is a data backup tool for the Administrator only. Could he have backed up the forum to January?
scripttester123
scripttester123
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 23rd 2009, 10:09 pm

You can try restoring your theme to a date such as yesterday or like a week ago?But i'm not exactly sure if it will work.This might be something only a admin or tech can help with?

but you can still try this. Admin panel>Display>Skins management.
Scroll down to (Restore the theme) choose a date and hit save.
Like i said i'm not sure if this will work?but i know this dose go back to Jan 2009 so it could be that was changed?

If not hang in there.Someone will be able to help
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by danib April 23rd 2009, 10:25 pm

We deleted the moderator's account so unless an admin did it accidentally I don't think it could've been the old mod.

We will try that suggestion, thank you.
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by danib April 23rd 2009, 10:28 pm

Apparently our new admin has lost her admin rights since this happened so she can't log into the admin panel. See, she wasn't admin until our old admin was gone and now that this has all been restored her username and password no longer work and we don't know and can't get the old admin's username and password.

This is our forum address http://peaw.niceboard.org/forum.htm
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by danib April 23rd 2009, 10:31 pm

Back when we deleted her (last month) she first changed her username and password and then we were able to take over, and we changed her username and password to something else so that she wouldn't know what it was. Now that we've reverted back to January the password that we changed it to no longer works so we're basically without an admin at this point.
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 23rd 2009, 10:44 pm

So is she the only admin on the forum?if not just put her back in.
who owns the board now.who ever owns the board if they dont have there pass anymore have then send a new pass to there selves with the email there account was created with. then they can at least log in and try to fix.

Meanwhile, may I remind you that double/triple back to back posting isn't allowed unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button)
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by danib April 23rd 2009, 10:46 pm

There's no way that we can get the password from the other girl. It wasn't pretty when she left so we REALLY don't want her to have access to the board again. The girl that took over (Terri) said that she's trying to change the password but can't since it goes to the former admin's email account (Lindsay).
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 23rd 2009, 10:58 pm

OK this is something a Admin or Global mod would probably have to handle?
I'm still new here as a moderator so i'm not sure how we go about this type of issues. so technically what your saying is if the board went all they back to January then the original admin of the board is in there now.

but what i dont understand if the forum was handed over to the new admin and under here email account then this should not matter because the board was handed over. so i'm a Lil confused how this would happen.

how ever i will contact a global mod and make them aware of this thread and situation. so try to be patient they will reply and let you know how to go about this and can tell me as well in case i encounter something like this in the future.

Last edited by kirk on April 23rd 2009, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 23rd 2009, 10:59 pm

Did the new admin change the email, password in the founder utilites?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by terriberri050668 April 24th 2009, 2:24 am

Hi. I'm the new admin on the board that's being referenced here.

I also keep a separate account that I use for posting.

I haven't logged in to the admin account in 2 weeks, so I couldn't have even accidentally changed the theme to a former date.

Anything I've tried asks for the founder's original e-mail address and original password that was used to create the board, and since I don't have that information, I can't get in to the admin panel at all.

If I try to log in as admin and click "forgot password", it asks for my e-mail address and then tells me that the e-mail address for the admin account is incorrect. My assumption is that since the board theme has been set back to 1/28/09 when the other person was admin, it thinks that her e-mail account, since she was admin then, is the correct one.

I tried getting into the founder utilities today, but until today, I never knew that the founder utilities existed as something different than the regular admin panel.

Could the original founder who handed over her admin account have gone into the founder utilities and changed things on us?
terriberri050668

Back to top Go down

Post by danib April 24th 2009, 3:47 pm

Terri is in fact the new admin, any ideas on how we could fix this?
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by danib April 24th 2009, 3:47 pm

MrMario wrote:Did the new admin change the email, password in the founder utilites?

No.
danib

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 24th 2009, 4:23 pm

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by terriberri050668 April 24th 2009, 4:25 pm

I can't because I don't have the founder's original e-mail and original password. When she left the board she only handed over her admin login and password, but not the founder e-mail with which she created the site and the original password.

I've also tried using the forum address: http://www.peaw.niceboard.org and also a few variations thereof (took out the http://www...tried putting /forum at the end) but I still don't have the password with which the forum was created.

I've tried using the admin login password that she gave me back in March, tried my own password, to no avail.
terriberri050668

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 24th 2009, 4:39 pm

Follow this => here

One of them will fix the info so that you can get in the utilites.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by terriberri050668 April 24th 2009, 11:13 pm

Thanks for the link - but it's telling me that only "users granted special access" are granted access to that link.
terriberri050668

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 24th 2009, 11:14 pm

The post has been updated Lost Founder Password?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by terriberri050668 April 24th 2009, 11:26 pm

Thanks. I found it through the Connection Problems board and have e-mailed Typlo to see what he can do.

Thank you so much for all of your help.
terriberri050668

Back to top Go down

Post by terriberri050668 April 29th 2009, 6:39 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for Typlo to respond? I haven't heard anything yet. It's been a few days.
terriberri050668

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 29th 2009, 8:53 pm

Resaid the Pm if he doesnt get back to you in 2 days then re send it again.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down