The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum...

3 posters

Go down

Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum... Empty Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum...

Post by davidl May 2nd 2009, 10:31 pm

can anyone tell me if its possible to have a live feed to my forum....i have a forum for pigeon fanciers and was wanting to put the feed of two pigeons nesting/sitting on eggs in a falcons nestbox which has been placed in birmingham by the R.S.P.B. and city council, pigeon fanciers all over the country are watching this and hoping the birds can rear their young before the falcon returns. at the moment i have a link from my site to the nestbox but thought it would be even better if i could have a live feed.

here is the link and thanks for any help. Smile
http://www.bbc.net.uk/birmingham/content/webcams/peregrine_falcon_live_webcam.shtml
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum... Empty Re: Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum...

Post by davidl May 4th 2009, 8:51 pm

hi, had no response from my question at all.......can anyone help please, is it possible?
thanks.

thanks sanket, ill give it a go....will ley you know. Smile

thanks sanket, problem solved...... Smile

Last edited by davidl on May 5th 2009, 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum... Empty Re: Is it possible to put a live feed on my forum...

Post by Sanket May 4th 2009, 9:00 pm

Why not just provide a link to it by adding a navigation button named livefeed?
Display>headers & navigation
Create a customized menu
Fill in the details.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 5th 2009, 2:04 am

davidl wrote:

thanks sanket, problem solved...... Smile

you can always put it on stickam. they have a few different players to choose from and it is a live stream.

of course you have to have the camera on it. so i'm not sure ware the source of the link you posted is coming from.but theres the link if you want to check it out
http://www.stickam.com/liveStreams.do

oh i'm confused was this solved. i seen you stated that but see a sankets question reply too. so come back and let us know.
thanx
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl May 5th 2009, 5:52 pm

i hope im ok posting, its about 24hrs, Confused
yes kirk, i would be very interested in the live stream....as it is on my site as a link in a forum which maybe some of my members either havent sen or cant be bothered to get to it. i will take a look at your link and let you know,
thank you david.
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 5th 2009, 6:13 pm

davidl wrote:i hope I'm OK posting, its about 24hrs, Confused
yes kirk, i would be very interested in the live stream....as it is on my site as a link in a forum which maybe some of my members either haven't sen or cant be bothered to get to it. i will take a look at your link and let you know,
thank you david.

you can post withing a 24 hour period. just not two or three of your own post back to back next to each other.
you have to wait for a reply from someone first then you can post again. or you can edit your post.

um thinking about what your doing now? i'm not sure if stickam will be what your looking for. i was thinking you had a camera right there like out your window or something hooked up to your computer. if that was the case stickam would work for that. but give it a look anyway if you like
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down