The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subforum Issue

5 posters

Go down

Solved Subforum Issue

Post by C. Lea May 5th 2009, 12:08 am

Hi forumotion. I have sort of a problem that might be kind of hard to express. Here is the link first:

mylordandmylife.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

OK. Go down to Christian Youth and click.

When I click on Christian Youth the 3 forums inside of it will appear as you see: Youth Talk, Exposing Entertainment, and Romance & Love. However, the problem is that if you go down you will some kind of other forum there. I think this is the CHRISTIAN YOUTH forum itself, because before I made the 3 subforums in it, it was a forum itself. The thing is, I don't want it to be a separate forum. I want it so that when I click on CHRISTIAN YOUTH, the 3 subforums will show up. The Christian Youth forum on the main page is sort of a "passageway" to the other forums. In other words, its not a forum in itself. Okay? Bottom line: How can I get rid of that other forum?

Thanks a bunch you guys for answering our questions each day!
C. Lea
C. Lea
Forumember

Language : English

http://mylordandmylife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Subforum Issue

Post by Rok May 5th 2009, 12:47 am

Sorry, but that isn't possible. It doesn't matter if you have the Youth forum itself locked, it will still appear as that since it's a forum.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemska May 5th 2009, 12:52 am

Did you change something because I only see "Exposing Entertainment" and "Romance & Love"?

I am viewing as a guest if that make a difference?
Gemska
Gemska

Female Posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Lea May 5th 2009, 1:04 am

Rok said:
Sorry, but that isn't possible. It doesn't matter if you have the Youth forum itself locked, it will still appear as that since it's a forum.

The Youth forum isn't locked Rok. Its open for anybody to view. Its just that I think I may have made an error. You see, when you look at the Main Forum and see Christian Youth there, it is NOT supposed to be a forum itself. It is supposed to lead to the subforums. Get what I'm saying? But it itself is saved as a separate Forum. How do I stop that?

@Gemska: I don't know why you're only seeing those two. Youth Talk is right on top of Exposing Entertainment.

Thanks!
C. Lea
C. Lea
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 5th 2009, 4:23 am

I don't really get to what you are saying. Try changing the structure :
  1. Administration Panel
  2. Display tab
  3. Homepage -- Structure and hierarchy
  4. Find a nice structure you might like displayed and then save.

This information might help you out.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 5th 2009, 10:37 am

C. Lea wrote:Hi forumotion. I have sort of a problem that might be kind of hard to express. Here is the link first:

mylordandmylife.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

OK. Go down to Christian Youth and click.

When I click on Christian Youth the 3 forums inside of it will appear as you see: Youth Talk, Exposing Entertainment, and Romance & Love. However, the problem is that if you go down you will some kind of other forum there. I think this is the CHRISTIAN YOUTH forum itself, because before I made the 3 subforums in it, it was a forum itself. The thing is, I don't want it to be a separate forum. I want it so that when I click on CHRISTIAN YOUTH, the 3 subforums will show up. The Christian Youth forum on the main page is sort of a "passageway" to the other forums. In other words, its not a forum in itself. Okay? Bottom line: How can I get rid of that other forum?

Thanks a bunch you guys for answering our questions each day!

i think i know what you mean. it's a Lil much for me to explain the whole thing.
but everthing can be answered here.
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance-t3313.htm
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Lea May 5th 2009, 11:52 pm

I don't know what's going on. I go to revise the forum and the whole thing starts messing up. OK.

Please go visit the forum yourself so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://mylordandmylife.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

GO DOWN TO CHRISTIAN YOUTH.

Click on it.

You'll see 2 subforums called Exposing Entertainment and Romance & Love.
After those, you'll see this other forum thing. I believe this is the "Christian Youth" forum itself. But I don't want it there. I want it gone. How do I do that?

I don't want Christian Youth to be a forum. I want it to be on the Main Page as something to click on that will lead to the subforums in it. I need to know how to do that please.

Thanks.
C. Lea
C. Lea
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 6th 2009, 12:07 am

Have you tried this yet, though?

Rok wrote:I don't really get to what you are saying. Try changing the structure :
  1. Administration Panel
  2. Display tab
  3. Homepage -- Structure and hierarchy
  4. Find a nice structure you might like displayed and then save.

This information might help you out.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Lea May 6th 2009, 12:11 am

NEVER MIND!!! I fixed it myself...miraculously! I found out the problem too. OK you guys thanks!
C. Lea
C. Lea
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 6th 2009, 4:11 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down