The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to move posts from one topic to another?

3 posters

Go down

How to move posts from one topic to another? Empty How to move posts from one topic to another?

Post by DejanRencelj May 5th 2009, 3:09 pm

Hello.

I know how to split posts to new topic, but I don't know how to split topic to already existing topic?

Is there a way to move a post from one topic to another?

Thank you,

Regards,
Dejan
DejanRencelj

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to move posts from one topic to another? Empty Re: How to move posts from one topic to another?

Post by ankillien May 5th 2009, 3:12 pm

I don't think you can move a single post to another topic.
You can copy the post the another topic and then delete it from the original topic.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

How to move posts from one topic to another? Empty Re: How to move posts from one topic to another?

Post by kirk May 5th 2009, 3:33 pm

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DejanRencelj May 5th 2009, 8:42 pm

Thanks Kirk, I get it. Very good
I will first took the posts and split to new topic, then I will merge this new topic to existing one. héhé

Hello

p.s. I did it but the moved posts are inserted by date, this means that the inserted posts are now on the top of the destination topic, that's not o.k. Crying or Very sad
How can I move the main post (previously the first one which describes the topic meaning) to the top, so that it will be again the first one?? Confused
DejanRencelj

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 6th 2009, 12:31 am

the only way you can do that is by changing the forums settings in.
(sort topic's by) = change to what you see fit=
and or
(Sort the posts of a topic by) = change to what you see fit.=

but remember by doing this what ever you wish to choose it will also effect any new post or topic;s that are posted.so how ever you have that set is how all new threads and replies will appear.

so your probably better off just leaving them the way they are and just remind members to post on the right boards and threads.

oh to find these settings.
Admin panel>general>forums> then click on motify for forum you wish to adjust.
and scroll down just a lil until you see.
(sort topic's by) and (Sort the posts of a topic by) there is a drop down menu to choose from on each one.

hope that helps a Lil
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down