The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show!

3 posters

Go down

The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show! Empty The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show!

Post by Erin014 May 6th 2009, 12:38 am

There is something wrong in my fourm because no matter what I try the Topics and Catagories will not show up and I have to use the search feature, is there something I am doing wrong?
Erin014
Erin014

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show! Empty Re: The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show!

Post by Franchise May 6th 2009, 12:46 am

you probably have them set as hidden

what is your forum address?
Franchise
Franchise
Forumember

Male Posts : 188

Back to top Go down

The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show! Empty Re: The Topics and Catagories in my fourm won't show!

Post by kirk May 6th 2009, 12:53 am

Franchise wrote:you probably have them set as hidden

yes it's either that or you have no forums in your categories?
a link or screen shot would help.
or you can try here. this will help too Smile

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance-t3313.htm

and this too may be?

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/differences-between-forum-and-category-t8322.htm
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Franchise May 6th 2009, 12:54 am

kirk wrote:
Franchise wrote:you probably have them set as hidden

yes it's either that or you have no forums in your categories?
a link or screen shot would help.
or you can try here. this will help too Smile

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance-t3313.htm

and this too may be?

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/differences-between-forum-and-category-t8322.htm
thank you... I wasnt trying to moderate but, I had that problem before and I was just trying to share some info
Franchise
Franchise
Forumember

Male Posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin014 May 6th 2009, 4:27 am

It must be hidden, but I am having a hard time finding where the place to make the fourm show! I hate being a noob!
Erin014
Erin014

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 6th 2009, 7:50 am

Well you can hide the forum from members or moderators but you wont be able to hide it form you self. even if it's locked your still going to see it.
i think what you have to do is check and see ware it's attached too.
you will want it attached too a category.
then be sure to position it after the category.

also be sure you creating a forum and not other category.plus a forum has to go in a category for it to show
you will have to check them in your admin panel>general>forums> and modify.

if you still cant get it. pm me with the category and the forums you want with in it. i'll give you directions on exactly how to do it then after you do that one you can do the rest.

also the link i gave you in my first comment is how to do it. if you follow them directions you cant go wrong Smile
but let me know. if i have to i'll get you on chat and walk you through it step by step. and dont feel bad we all bin through this before. sometimes depending what host i'm using it's still confusing at times.. lol
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down