The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system?

3 posters

Go down

hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system? Empty hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system?

Post by chester0607 May 11th 2009, 5:21 pm

sorry for wrong post
nessa

is there any limitations on how many a thread can be created?
can i set my pc as a server?
and how to make a links unseeable to guests
ex.
member's view:
www.google.com
guest's view
[link are for registered members only,please log-in/register]

and how can i make a ranking system like
if a member has 0-99 post
he has a rank of "newbie"
then 100-200
he will have "amateur" rank?
is that possible?

Last edited by chester0607 on May 11th 2009, 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
chester0607

Language : English

Back to top Go down

hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system? Empty Re: hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system?

Post by Sanket May 11th 2009, 5:44 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system? Empty Re: hide links from guest?Forum Server?Ranking system?

Post by chester0607 May 12th 2009, 3:32 am

updated!
chester0607

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 12th 2009, 8:41 am

#1 It's most likely you will never exceed the limit of creating threads.
there is the exact numbers of everything here somewhere. if i find it i will be sure to send it to you.

#2 now as far as setting your computer up to your own server.
if you want to get your own server you can.But all forumotions data belongs to them and you can never retrieve that or move to another host if thats where your getting with that? it's forumotions data they own it.

#3 hide links from guest?
Not possible.You would have to set all your forums permissions for members or groups only. other then that if the permissions are set for guest to see the forums they will see the links unless you do not grant guest access to the forums.How ever you can always go over to the suggestions board and suggest that we get hide tags for our forums. v-bulletin has this feature and on most paid forums you can create this. at this time forumotion dose not offer any such tags. so you can suggest it if you like on the suggestions board?Just make sure there is not already another thread with this suggestion.I might have suggested this a long time ago when i first joined but do not remember?so just scan the first 3 or 4 boards. if you don't see a thread with that already go for it if you like?

and #4 Setting post numbers for ranks.
Yes you can set the post count for your ranks. it's all in the rank settings.
You would set the number by the minimum of the post. like the lowest rank would be 10 post. then your create the next rank and have it lets say 25?
so for the first rank they would have to post 25 post before going to the next rank. then for the third rank say the minimum is 50? the second rank would have to have 50 post and so on.

you can find that all here.

admin panel>user/groups>ranks and set your ranks accordingly as you see fit. you can also add your own images to the ranks as well.

so that should do it for you. hope that helps.
thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down