The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preventing free email sign up's

4 posters

Go down

Solved Preventing free email sign up''s

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 2:39 pm

Could somebody please point me in the right direction as to how to only let members register using their ISP email address only??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks alot Noodles™️©️

Last edited by Noodles™© on May 16th 2009, 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Language : English

http://nelocksmiths.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Preventing free email sign up's

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 2:43 pm

What's the point? You can sign up for a free AOL email account (and many other ISPs allow you free email accounts without having them as your ISP).
W1z8it
Forumember

Language : English, Swedish, .NET, C#

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 2:58 pm

That is not an answer, i asked, how do i do it? Not, do you think it is worth doing...
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 3:01 pm

I answered you, if all email addresses are free, then the only way you can stop people from registering with them, is disable registration completely no? Unless I'm misreading which isn't too obvious from what you've said.

Or are you just asking if you can disallow specific email address hosts? Still see no point in it since as said you can use almost any ISP and get a free email without using them as your ISP, but whatever tickles your fancy :/
W1z8it
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 3:15 pm

Ok well that helps,

Now can anyone please give me the direction i need???

As i am not asking for opinions, or what i think you should do, just a bit of pointing in the right direction would go down a treat...

Cheers
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 3:19 pm

Admin > Users & Groups > Allow New Members > Select no
W1z8it
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 3:25 pm

Thats a bit silly isnt it? Why would i not allow new members?

Please dont reply W1z8it, i think i will wait for a proper answer...
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 3:27 pm

Noodles™️©️ wrote:Thats a bit silly isnt it? Why would i not allow new members?

umm because you want to disallow free emails being used, and ALL ISP EMAILS ARE FREE, I dunno how else to spell it out to you, I've told you 3 times, perhaps you'll get it this time.
W1z8it
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 5:11 pm

Ok, so what you are saying is all ISP will give free email addresses to just anyone?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/login/index.php i dont see any freebie email accounts here....
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 5:22 pm

W1z8it wrote:I answered you, if all email addresses are free, then the only way you can stop people from registering with them, is disable registration completely no? Unless I'm misreading which isn't too obvious from what you've said.

Or are you just asking if you can disallow specific email address hosts? Still see no point in it since as said you can use almost any ISP and get a free email without using them as your ISP, but whatever tickles your fancy :/

Are you trying to somehow validate your original question by showing me one single (very crappy might I add) ISP that doesn't offer a free email services out of about another possible what 500 major worldwise ISPs that do? Are you simple?

The point I made is that allowing ISP only emails isn't going to stop FREE EMAIL ACCOUNTS being used which was your original idea, because most are FREE, do you understand or is it way over your head still?

Oh don't tell me, you wanna block anyone from registering any other email other than tiscali? Give me a break.

Lemmie break it down for you, and you should understand:

So you block yahoo, gmail, msn, hotmail and a load of other non ISP emails right?
so I create a free AOL email (or one of the other major ISPs that allow free emails) and then still register on your forums making what you just did completely pointless because I just registered with an email that is FREE and not my ISP, which is what you wanted to prevent...

Do you understand yet that it's not possible? I can't spell it out clearer than that.
W1z8it
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 9:15 pm

W1z8it wrote:
W1z8it wrote:I answered you, if all email addresses are free, then the only way you can stop people from registering with them, is disable registration completely no? Unless I'm misreading which isn't too obvious from what you've said.

Are you trying to somehow validate your original question by showing me one single (very crappy might I add) ISP that doesn't offer a free email services out of about another possible what 500 major worldwise ISPs that do? Are you simple?

The point I made is that allowing ISP only emails isn't going to stop FREE EMAIL ACCOUNTS being used which was your original idea, because most are FREE, do you understand or is it way over your head still?

Oh don't tell me, you wanna block anyone from registering any other email other than tiscali? Give me a break.

So you block yahoo, gmail, msn, hotmail and a load of other non ISP emails right?
so I create a free AOL email (or one of the other major ISPs that allow free emails) and then still register on your forums making what you just did completely pointless because I just registered with an email that is FREE and not my ISP, which is what you wanted to prevent...

Do you understand yet that it's not possible? I can't spell it out clearer than that.

Do you have issues? I am thinking so, as you still havent answered the simple question asked...
Not simple, just simply amused at how you have explained yourself in this topic, do you always treat people with so much disrespect as this?
Or maybe just born with one of them big IAM ego's?

Who know's, but remember this, i asked a question, of which iwas looking for a simple answer, and you still havent came across with telling me how to do what i asked... Go dictate to someone who cares about what your saying, afterall i did ask you not to reply as i did'nt like your attitude in the 1st place..

please don't bother replying with your egotystical attitude again as it will go right in one eye and out the other...

P.s Take a chill pill...
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 9:19 pm

I also noticed your other posts, same attitude...
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Bling May 16th 2009, 9:23 pm

You cant do that.You need to google up the search of medium expectriates to develop the functionalities for that or else yahoo search would be interastic democraty.But dont be rist, you will find your answer after pilapilating on the firous angy of supporters
Bling
Bling
Forumember

Male Posts : 416

http://www.friendsarena.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 9:26 pm

Noodles™️©️ wrote:
W1z8it wrote:

Do you have issues? I am thinking so, as you still havent answered the simple question asked...
Not simple, just simply amused at how you have explained yourself in this topic, do you always treat people with so much disrespect as this?
Or maybe just born with one of them big IAM ego's?

Who know's, but remember this, i asked a question, of which iwas looking for a simple answer, and you still havent came across with telling me how to do what i asked... Go dictate to someone who cares about what your saying, afterall i did ask you not to reply as i did'nt like your attitude in the 1st place..

please don't bother replying with your egotystical attitude again as it will go right in one eye and out the other...

P.s Take a chill pill...

Let's get this right, first off my attitude in another thread has nothing to do with you or this thread at all.

Try reading your first reply to me, I asked a question as to the point of disallowing free emails because almost all ISPs allow free emails, and you were rude to me, so get it right.

Furthermore I have answered your initial question about 8 times now, yet you still cannot fathom it, is it my fault you are incapable of simple brain functions like reading?
W1z8it
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodles™© May 16th 2009, 9:26 pm

you spelled democracy wrong Wink
Noodles™©
Noodles™©
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by W1z8it May 16th 2009, 9:27 pm

Noodles™️©️ wrote:you spelled democracy wrong Wink

You spelled "egotistical" and "didn't" incorrectly, but what is this an English lesson?
W1z8it
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 16th 2009, 9:47 pm

Topic solved = Lock
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186