The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed?

2 posters

Go down

Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed? Empty Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed?

Post by Guest May 21st 2009, 6:26 pm

Since the major problems that seemed to have occurred the other day on all Forumotions sites, for whatever reason - my navigation menu bar is now displaying the buttons "Members" and "Groups" before Login. These are not usually visible until after logging in. Why is this please, and can I change it back?

Cas

Back to top Go down

Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed? Empty Re: Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed?

Post by akashic May 21st 2009, 9:23 pm

Hi

There are 2 things

admin > display > homepage - headers and navigation > scroll down to 'nav links' > click on orange cogs > there you can set who see's that nav link i.e guests or members

next one

admin > users and groups > special rights > click on each drop down box and select who you want to see each one > press save
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed? Empty Re: Navigation Menu buttons visible before Login - changed?

Post by kirk May 22nd 2009, 12:18 am

i actually see all the all of them. and the one you created.
But as akashic has said. that should fix the problem if you do not want guest to see them or members until they are logged in.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 22nd 2009, 4:54 pm

Thanks very much akashic and kirk,
Sorted it now cheers Problem resolved.

Cas

Back to top Go down