The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redirect: Email already in use

Go down

Redirect: Email already in use Empty Redirect: Email already in use

Post by huskyadmin Tue 26 May - 5:34

Hi there,

I recently acquired a domain name through forumotion.net for my forum and set up one of the 10 email accounts for myself. However, I have several email addresses for various things, so I use an email client (Thunderbird to be exact). I've read the threads stating that the Horde email isn't compatible with an email client at this time (correct me if I am wrong), so I am trying to redirect my new domain email to an email address that I currently use with Thunderbird.

My problem is that when I try to redirect the email, I get an error message reading "Error: This email is already in use." Thus, I went to try and change the email address for my user account (since I was using this particular address for an account) and saved in a different email address for the account; however, I am still getting this error message. I have tried using a couple of different email addresses, but all get the same error. Even if an email address is no longer being used by ANY current account, I am getting the same message. I even went into inactive accounts and deleted some thinking that this was the problem, but no luck.

I guess my question is: is there any way to completely delete an email address from the forum database so that I can redirect my new account to an email that is compatible with my email client and not get this error message? I really don't want to create ANOTHER email address just so I can redirect my domain address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
huskyadmin
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down