The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving a message vs the entire topic thread

2 posters

Go down

Moving a message vs the entire topic thread Empty Moving a message vs the entire topic thread

Post by kallie May 28th 2009, 5:10 am

Is there a way to move just one message within a Topic Thread (I can't seem to find that). I found how to move the entire thread, but in some cases a message that is posted needs to be moved from the thread it is in and put into another more appropriate one.

Not sure it can be done... Help!!!
kallie
Forumember

Female Posts : 45
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Moving a message vs the entire topic thread Empty Re: Moving a message vs the entire topic thread

Post by kirk May 28th 2009, 5:22 am

it sounds like you want to split the topic/post.
here ya go.you have to do it once or twice befor you get it down but it's pretty easy if you need more help just come back Smile

this should help.
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/guide-to-mod-tools-t10773.htm#56009
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Moving a message vs the entire topic thread Empty Re: Moving a message vs the entire topic thread

Post by kallie May 28th 2009, 5:25 am

Thanks - that looks exactly like what I need - I'll check it out later -- thanks for the quick response!
kallie
Forumember

Female Posts : 45
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 28th 2009, 5:40 am

no prob just be sure to come back and edit the solved button in your first post here so we know you got it.

thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down