The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional Displayed Information

Go down

Additional Displayed Information Empty Additional Displayed Information

Post by NinjaNt May 25th 2007, 11:11 pm

Please note that this is DIFFERENT than a compulsatory request.

I am wondering if this is possible. If so, how? If not, perhaps this would be a good suggestion.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Since I am running a games based forum, I would like to be able to issue medals (display pictures) that would be found beneath the avatar. I do NOT want members to be able to modify this.

This is not a rank. The ranking system is different. These are additional features that my members would be obtaining.

The module RPG Character Sheet does not offer this solution. I do not want this information only posted on the profile but on each post that the member gives to the forum.

I have noticed that Label 3 on the General Admin > Configuration > Avatars & Profiles states that it will appear under the avatar in the messages (if checked) and in the members list. However, can this be modified so that members CAN NOT edit the information themselves.
NinjaNt
NinjaNt

Female Posts : 23
Language : English

http://dogs-of-war.1talk.net

Back to top Go down

Additional Displayed Information Empty Re: Additional Displayed Information

Post by GeoX May 25th 2007, 11:16 pm

hey i got confused :S..do you mean the age, location, and that stuff below the avatar?!..or something like a rank?!
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaNt May 25th 2007, 11:23 pm

GeoX wrote:hey i got confused :S..do you mean the age, location, and that stuff below the avatar?!..or something like a rank?!

Beneath that I want more images that would denote medals. Something like a rank but it isn't a rank.
NinjaNt
NinjaNt

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX May 25th 2007, 11:27 pm

ah yes yes..like "i love my forum" and something like in IPB forums.. Very Happy..i got u....NO..unfortunatelly not possible here Very Happy
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaNt May 26th 2007, 4:45 am

Well is there a way you can make the additional post for example label 3 display a picture so you can trust your users to not change it.
NinjaNt
NinjaNt

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX May 26th 2007, 12:19 pm

mm...well...uf i activated lable three it will appear in theri profiles..also it will be exahausting because i have to assign the link of the img to every new member Smile

no way Smile
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaNt May 26th 2007, 5:04 pm

GeoX wrote:mm...well...uf i activated lable three it will appear in theri profiles..also it will be exahausting because i have to assign the link of the img to every new member Smile

no way Smile

Well yeah I know that's why I said I'm going to trust my members and do it. If not I have to make a specific forum that they can not edit and make additional profiles with their medals & ribbons. I would just really like it to display there. IF POSSIBLE. How do you get the img thing to work there geo Sad
NinjaNt
NinjaNt

Back to top Go down